Brexit watch

Started by Nick, October 20, 2016, 18:02:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Slim

You're already stuck with what you've got, Dom. You live in Ireland.

döm

Quote from: Slim on November 20, 2019, 14:32:31 pmYou're already stuck with what you've got, Dom. You live in Ireland.
True, but I'm not sure what that's got to do with the price of fish.
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

döm

I see the WTO has been rendered toothless by Trump. 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-trade-wto/us-trade-offensive-takes-out-wto-as-global-arbiter-idUSKBN1YE0YE

Last chance to save the Btitish economy today folks. Don't let Brexit win!

zoony

Quote from: döm on December 12, 2019, 07:58:55 amLast chance to save the Btitish economy today folks. Don't let Brexit win!
Even with a Tory majority, you won't be seeing a PROPER Brexit anyway Dom. I guess that'll make you happy though.

döm

Quote from: zoony on December 12, 2019, 13:14:21 pmEven with a Tory majority, you won't be seeing a PROPER Brexit anyway Dom. I guess that'll make you happy though.
It's a mess whichever way you look at it.  At least though if the country doesn't leave the EU, people will be better off economically

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-50719616

Don't vote for Brexit !!

DavidL

Quote from: döm on December 12, 2019, 14:54:20 pmIt's a mess whichever way you look at it.  At least though if the country doesn't leave the EU, people will be better off economically

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-50719616

Don't vote for Brexit !!
It's not all about being better off economically, you know ;)

zoony

Quote from: döm on December 12, 2019, 14:54:20 pmDon't vote for Brexit !!
17.4 million of us already had, and would do again.

döm

Quote from: zoony on December 12, 2019, 16:12:18 pm17.4 million of us already had, and would do again.
Great let's do it then!

Nick

Quote from: zoony on December 12, 2019, 16:12:18 pm17.4 million of us already had, and would do again.
Knowing what you do now would you really?

we were all under educated when we voted the first time around. 

How would your life be improved?
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

döm

Quote from: DavidL on December 12, 2019, 15:15:33 pmIt's not all about being better off economically, you know ;)

The ability to travel, work, study and retire anywhere in the EU.

Huge benefits before even looking at the financial aspect

zoony

Quote from: Nick on December 12, 2019, 20:01:18 pmHow would your life be improved?
I'm willing to give it a chance. It's not getting any better for me by us being in the EU.

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: döm on December 12, 2019, 20:26:03 pmThe ability to travel, work, study and retire anywhere in the EU.

Huge benefits before even looking at the financial aspect
And these will be verboten post Brexit? 

Financially? Who can really say. Once the shadowy capitalists have killed off the UK by their shorting of the £ it's on to the € next...
Legend in my own Mind

Nick

Quote from: zoony on December 12, 2019, 20:31:08 pmI'm willing to give it a chance. It's not getting any better for me by us being in the EU.
But how will leaving the Eu improve your life?
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

zoony

Quote from: Nick on December 12, 2019, 21:10:13 pmBut how will leaving the Eu improve your life?
Perhaps it won't improve my life, but there is a far bigger picture than that. When it was known as the common market, it was a great idea, but over the years, it has changed into something that is totally different, and I don't like it. Oh, and it obviously isn't just me who doesn't like it, there was another 17.4 million as I recall 🙂.

Slim

Quote from: Nick on October 20, 2016, 18:02:39 pmThought we could keep an eye on how things are panning out post vote.

Very early days of course but not an auspicious start.

Quite well at the moment.