Brexit watch

Started by Nick, October 20, 2016, 18:02:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

döm and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Slim

Quote from: döm on November 05, 2019, 16:11:44 pmThe major difference being that he sacrificed the unionists in Northern Ireland for the backstop.  Something he promised he would never do.  The man can't be trusted
That's something of a half-truth at most; he hasn't "sacrificed" them. They decided not to support the new deal but the essential purpose of that was to remove the backstop, which was their primary concern.

Nor did he promise that any deal would have to have the support of the DUP. So actually the more I think about it, that's more of a non-truth than a half-truth.

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: rufus the dawg on November 06, 2019, 10:01:39 amUsing the BBC - Brexit broadcasting corporation
Do you think wearing a tin-foil hat is a good look?
Legend in my own Mind

döm

Quote from: Slim on November 06, 2019, 11:56:33 amThat's something of a half-truth at most; he hasn't "sacrificed" them. They decided not to support the new deal but the essential purpose of that was to remove the backstop, which was their primary concern.

Nor did he promise that any deal would have to have the support of the DUP. So actually the more I think about it, that's more of a non-truth than a half-truth.
They were anti backstop but at least that didn't go against the reason for their existence.  They are a Unionist party and want to be treated the same as the rest of the UK.   Thanks to Johnson there will effectively be a border in the Irish sea. They could never support anything that made them more Irish/European and less British. As I said the DUP have been sacrificed at the Brexit altar by Boris Johnson.  I'm actually pretty happy about this as they are a despicable group but for the "Conservative and Unionist Party" to inflict this must be pretty hard for them to swallow!
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

döm

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on November 06, 2019, 13:41:12 pmDo you think wearing a tin-foil hat is a good look?
Presumably that is directed at Slim as well as Rufus?

rufus the dawg

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on November 06, 2019, 13:41:12 pmDo you think wearing a tin-foil hat is a good look?
Yes i'm fine, with the look, I have a double thickness one when reading the Daily Heil and Facistgraph!.

The Letter R

Quote from: rufus the dawg on November 05, 2019, 20:13:29 pmYep its 90% may deal with the northern Ireland border in the north sea, which he said he would not do.

Don't want to be pedantic but the proposed border would be through the Irish Sea not the North Sea :-)

rufus the dawg

Quote from: The Letter R on November 07, 2019, 14:10:46 pmDon't want to be pedantic but the proposed border would be through the Irish Sea not the North Sea :-)
Yep, thanks, pedantic is good.

döm

How could the pro remain BBC make such a mistake and allow it to be broadcast? 

https://scramnews.com/vote-leave-bbc-full-correction-fiona-bruce-question-time-mistake/

Slim

Well - the clues are in the word "mistake", and in the fact that it was a live broadcast. I didn't see the programme myself, but I'm guessing this didn't get a mention?

https://order-order.com/2019/09/17/electoral-commission-remainers-broke-electoral-law/

And there's probably a hint there, as well.

DavidL

döm

Quote from: Slim on November 09, 2019, 10:17:58 amWell - the clues are in the word "mistake", and in the fact that it was a live broadcast. I didn't see the programme myself, but I'm guessing this didn't get a mention?

https://order-order.com/2019/09/17/electoral-commission-remainers-broke-electoral-law/

And there's probably a hint there, as well.
It wasn't live! Mistake could have been corrected

pdw1

Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

döm

So Boris Johnson believes the split of immigrants into the UK from the EU and from  the rest of the World is 50/50.

Its actually 20/80. Just another point proving how pointless Brexit is.

rufus the dawg

Dom, there is also a difference with free movement of people and immigration. Totally agree with you.

döm

"Let's get Brexit Done"

Do we really want to start this interminable nightmare....

https://www.ft.com/content/fc85d94e-0a28-11ea-b2d6-9bf4d1957a67