Brexit watch

Started by Nick, October 20, 2016, 18:02:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rufus the dawg and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

rufus the dawg

Quote from: Slim on September 16, 2019, 15:39:36 pm.

Remaining in the EU now would cause decades - generations - of entirely justified resentment, anger, contempt, hate. And possibly violence.

If we don't get an improved deal, leaving without one is greatly to be preferred to the alternative.

The Prime Minister knows this. The EU goons know that he knows this.

And that's a good thing.
Slim I have to disagree with you. The mess TM and BJ have made is causing massive resentment towards the Conservative party, politics and politicians in general.  A final say referendum is a way forward on a deal that BJ comes up with. Considering he himself has changed in mind many times in the way he voted for TM deal and is now trying to get a new deal

döm

26 days ago Boris Johnson accepted Merkel's challenge to come up with a solution to the backstop and a way forward  for  a deal within 30 days.

Any chance of this happening by Friday ?

I have 2 hopes
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Nick

Quote from: Slim on September 16, 2019, 20:52:15 pmNot in the slightest. He wouldn't have been heard - and he wisely walked away.

And if you wanted to suggest an example of the reason why people in the UK are sick of the EU and want rid of it, you could do a lot worse than point to this evening's debacle in Luxembourg - where the British Prime Minister was set up to be shouted down by protestors, 

I laughed, because it was an episode which ultimately will strengthen our Prime Minister's support among his own people. And that's the only support he needs.

Well they were representative of the 6000 Brits that live work in Luxembourg who are having their lives turned upside down by Brexit.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

DavidL

Quote from: rufus the dawg on September 16, 2019, 22:46:19 pmWhere are all those lovely reports saying leaving the EU will be brilliant for the UK.
?

Bez

RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

DavidL

Quote from: Bez on September 17, 2019, 07:59:42 amIts a valid question...not sure why you're confused?
Yes, indeed it is, which is why it requires a question mark.  ;)

(That's for your good self) ;)  ;) :)

DavidL

Nick

Apart from the disaster capitalists there are no winners in no deal.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

döm

This is insane. A list produced by the European Commission of all the nonsense stories that came from the UK media along the lines of bendy bananas, light ale having to be renamed, phasing out of A levels, prawn cocktail crisps etc, etc, etc, etc etc....

https://blogs.ec.europa.eu/ECintheUK/euromyths-a-z-index/

This onslaught helped to create the hostile climate towards the EU in the UK

DavidL

Quote from: döm on September 19, 2019, 08:58:27 amThis is insane. A list produced by the European Commission of all the nonsense stories that came from the UK media along the lines of bendy bananas, light ale having to be renamed, phasing out of A levels, prawn cocktail crisps etc, etc, etc, etc etc....

Yes that is insane....and a complete waste of time. Hyperbolic nonsense is not necessary to feel hostility towards the EU.

DavidL

Quote from: Nick on September 19, 2019, 08:48:48 amApart from the disaster capitalists there are no winners in no deal.
I like the part when he says, "the UK has negotiated in good faith, perhaps rather too much faith" !!

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: döm on September 19, 2019, 08:58:27 amThis is insane. A list produced by the European Commission of all the nonsense stories that came from the UK media along the lines of bendy bananas, light ale having to be renamed, phasing out of A levels, prawn cocktail crisps etc, etc, etc, etc etc....

Dawg man has already posted this.

Read through this properly and you'll find there are plenty of falsehoods in it. It's just pro-EU propaganda - paid for by the EU. The fact that the EU has its own propaganda department tells you all you need to know about the loathsome organisation.

Bad as the UK is, I don't think it has a propaganda department.
Legend in my own Mind

rufus the dawg

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on September 19, 2019, 10:08:59 amRead through this properly and you'll find there are plenty of falsehoods in it. 

Then you will be a good Vizsla dog and point them out. Good boy

döm

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on September 19, 2019, 10:08:59 amDawg man has already posted this.

Read through this properly and you'll find there are plenty of falsehoods in it. It's just pro-EU propaganda - paid for by the EU. The fact that the EU has its own propaganda department tells you all you need to know about the loathsome organisation.

Bad as the UK is, I don't think it has a propaganda department.
Really - which ones and by plenty do you mean 75%, over half or what %.

I would have thought that the leaflets that went to every household in the UK putting the case for staying in the EU was very firmly propaganda?

DavidL

"The Liberal Democrats would like to have a referendum on whether we are in or out of Europe" - Jo Swinson 2008