Author Topic: Brexit watch  (Read 67347 times)

rufus the dawg

• TNMS Member
  • i stihl love rush?
Re: Brexit watch
« Reply #2685 on: February 07, 2019, 21:27:59 PM »

rufus the dawg

• TNMS Member
  • i stihl love rush?
« Reply #2686 on: February 07, 2019, 21:28:40 PM »

DavidL

• TNMS Member
  • Music by Lee and Lifeson, Lyrics by Peart
« Reply #2687 on: February 07, 2019, 23:33:10 PM »
Nice to see that, Brexit aside, the EU is functioning well. France has just withdrawn their ambassador to Italy in a fairly significant spat. Gets worse for young Mr Macron  ;D

döm

• TNMS Member
« Reply #2688 on: February 08, 2019, 07:51:54 AM »
Interesting and balanced article. Thought it was worth sharing as these are few anc far on the ground....

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/02/07/world/europe/brexit-impact-on-european-union.html
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Nick

• TNMS Member
  • You lookin' at me?
« Reply #2689 on: February 08, 2019, 16:26:40 PM »
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

rufus the dawg

• TNMS Member
  • i stihl love rush?
« Reply #2690 on: February 09, 2019, 09:42:53 AM »

Nick

• TNMS Member
  • You lookin' at me?
« Reply #2691 on: February 10, 2019, 19:04:00 PM »
Less than 50 days to go. Had to make some hard decisions at work, none of which are beneficial to UK manufacturing.

Companies that are now shipping goods to Asia and Oceania are doing in blind, by the time the goods arrive there could be an entirely different duty regime.

rufus the dawg

• TNMS Member
  • i stihl love rush?
« Reply #2692 on: February 10, 2019, 20:25:05 PM »

Most recently, this belter:

Such thin skin, poor you. must must bruise so easy and go running to mummy. "mum Mum MUM, he said something horrible"

"Don't worry darling try and make some new friends"

http://www.politics.co.uk/comment-analysis/2019/02/08/over-reaction-to-tusk-s-comments-shows-how-thin-skinned-nati

Let us deal first with the absurd and preposterous over-reaction to Tusk's remarks. Does anyone remember the tone of debate in Britain over the last forty years? Has it been particularly complimentary towards Europe? I forget. How about the tone in just the last three years? Was it Boris Johnson who likened the EU to Adolf Hitler, and then as foreign secretary warned Brussels not to administer "punishment beatings in the manner of some World War Two movie"? Was it Michael Gove who compared pro-Remain economists to Nazi scientists? Was it current foreign secretary Jeremy Hunt who characterised the EU as a Soviet prison? Yes, reader. Yes it was.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 09:47:56 AM by rufus the dawg »

Nick

• TNMS Member
  • You lookin' at me?
« Reply #2693 on: February 13, 2019, 18:22:23 PM »
Ford looks like it will shut down UK production...how many more of these do we need before people will admit Brexit is a ridiculous folly? Utter madness.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47225787

döm

• TNMS Member
« Reply #2694 on: February 13, 2019, 21:48:07 PM »
And the chairman of Tesco says of Brexit

"Provided we're happy to live on Spam and canned peaches all will be well"

Now that's a great slogan for the side of a bus!

DavidL

• TNMS Member
« Reply #2695 on: February 13, 2019, 22:42:36 PM »

I think the chairman of Tesco quite likes things the way they are, quelle surprise. Not so keen on Spam but I love canned peaches.

döm

• TNMS Member
« Reply #2696 on: February 13, 2019, 23:17:44 PM »
I think the chairman of Tesco quite likes things the way they are, quelle surprise. Not so keen on Spam but I love canned peaches.

Compared to a no deal brexit, most people will prefer  the way things are now!

DavidL

• TNMS Member
« Reply #2697 on: February 14, 2019, 07:19:07 AM »

Compared to a no deal brexit, most people will prefer  the way things are now!
Why? Because people like the chairman of Tesco are telling us there will be no food in the shops?  ;D

The Letter R

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
  • If you want something done right...just forget it.
« Reply #2698 on: February 14, 2019, 08:15:05 AM »

To be fair that's a very strange statement for him to make when it's a 100% fact that Tesco are stockpiling all sorts of food and goods in preparation for a potential no deal. After all they'll lose even more customers to Lidl and Aldi if their shelves only contained Spam and Canned Peaches  ::) ........what about all the Red Tractor Marked ( British ) products they sell for a start..... these types of statements only add fuel to the Brexiteers fire of the leavers scaremongering and prevent honest discussions about the upsides and downsides to leaving the EU.

I know it's way too late now but I do wish people with influence and power would speak facts about both sides of Brexit and not just spout utter bollocks all the time........ :-\
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 08:19:13 AM by The Letter R »

rufus the dawg

• TNMS Member
  • i stihl love rush?
« Reply #2699 on: February 14, 2019, 10:53:27 AM »

To be fair that's a very strange statement for him to make when it's a 100% fact that Tesco are stockpiling all sorts of food and goods in preparation for a potential no deal. After all they'll lose even more customers to Lidl and Aldi if their shelves only contained Spam and Canned Peaches  ::) ........what about all the Red Tractor Marked ( British ) products they sell for a start..... these types of statements only add fuel to the Brexiteers fire of the leavers scaremongering and prevent honest discussions about the upsides and downsides to leaving the EU.

I know it's way too late now but I do wish people with influence and power would speak facts about both sides of Brexit and not just spout utter bollocks all the time........ :-\

If remainers said we would be stockpiling food and medicines before the referendum leaver would have said SCAREMONGERING.

This shows how far the brexit plot is influencing people's minds and we are accepting this mess instead of taking stock and asking is this what people voted for?

People who voted leave for "No Deal" did not vote for "Norway" option. They are diametrically opposite to each other

There is Germany ++ option.

Control of borders because not in Schengen.[/size]Send people home if they did not support themselves.Stay out of the single currency the Euro.Veto Turkey joining the EUVeto EU army.Fresh food and medicines coming in to the country unchecked.Vote how the UK spends its money.Have a say in the biggest trade agreements on the planet.Vote on laws that stops one country getting an unfair advantage in the EU.Get a 33% rebate.[/color]