• Welcome to The National Midday Sun. Please login or sign up.
June 16, 2019, 03:53:20 am

Brexit watch

Started by Nick, October 20, 2016, 17:02:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rufus the dawg

Quote from: DavidL on January 05, 2019, 13:03:15 pm
Please read my post properly

err yes, I did. But you don't seem to have read or understand my post.

Regret on brexit side, I have seen non.

DavidL

Quote from: rufus the dawg on January 05, 2019, 14:14:48 pm

err yes, I did. But you don't seem to have read or understand my post.

Regret on brexit side, I have seen non.
OK, I know that Turkey are not and never have been members of the EU. If they joined on the same terms as other members, their population would have the same rights of free movement as citizens of other member states. That is/was the argument.

döm

Quote from: DavidL on January 05, 2019, 14:36:48 pm
OK, I know that Turkey are not and never have been members of the EU. If they joined on the same terms as other members, their population would have the same rights of free movement as citizens of other member states. That is/was the argument.

There is zero prospect of Turkey joining the EU
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

DavidL

Quote from: döm on January 05, 2019, 15:57:10 pm

There is zero prospect of Turkey joining the EU
I wonder why the EU has given them reason to think otherwise?

döm

Quote from: DavidL on January 05, 2019, 16:49:20 pm
I wonder why the EU has given them reason to think otherwise?

Accession negotiations have come to a complete standstill and there is no prospect of them re-starting.

Negotiations that started in 1986
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

DavidL

January 05, 2019, 21:23:19 pm #2540 Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 21:24:50 pm by DavidL
Quote from: döm on January 05, 2019, 17:12:28 pm

Accession negotiations have come to a complete standstill and there is no prospect of them re-starting.

Negotiations that started in 1986
Of course, that's the case  - silly me  ;D ;D

DavidL

Quote from: rufus the dawg on January 05, 2019, 10:41:41 am

£72.5 Billion credit cards debt in UK.
£500 Million loss to the economy every week.
£70-100 Billion of quantitative easing since the referendum.
£2 Billion Cost of brexit preparation by Whitehall
Pound fell off a cliff
Civil service has grown by 3% all on £50,000 -£150,000 a year
House price growth has slowed or dropping in many parts of the country.

When will the facts make you think it is not worth it? You have been lied to.

They may all be facts but proven to be attributable to a vote to leave the EU? I'll give you two at the most.

DavidL

Very surprised to discover that the euro 'celebrated' it's 20th birthday this week, they kept that quiet!  ;D

rufus the dawg

Quote from: DavidL on January 06, 2019, 09:41:09 am
They may all be facts but proven to be attributable to a vote to leave the EU? I'll give you two at the most.

I think you have missed your own point.

You said Remain lied about the economy during the campaign and I have given you FACTS that have happened since referendum.

So let me understand you

£72.5 Billion credit cards debt in UK. This is to show the UK has massive debt and so in a weak position after Brexit.
£500 Million loss to the economy every week. This fact is proven.
£70-100 Billion of quantitative easing since the referendum. So are you saying this would still have happened? Or is it to stabilize the economy during the brexit negotiations? Because we are in such a week position? if brexit is so good why do we need it? So it's down to Brexit.
£2 Billion Cost of brexit preparation by Whitehall. This fact is proven.
Pound fell off a cliff. This is another fact.
Civil service has grown by 3% all on £50,000 -£150,000 a year. Another fact due to brexit.
House price growth has slowed or dropping in many parts of the country. This another fact down to brexit and is proven. People are feeling very insecure because of brexit so not buying/selling houses.

Please please David can you show me a vision and why brexit is so good, because so far all I see zero vision from the leave side.

And why are you supporting corruption?

DavidL

Quote from: rufus the dawg on January 06, 2019, 20:46:32 pm

Please please David can you show me a vision and why brexit is so good, because so far all I see zero vision from the leave side.

I really detest that slimy Guy Voldermort fella. The less I see of his boat the better. Good riddance

rufus the dawg

Quote from: DavidL on January 06, 2019, 21:41:40 pm
I really detest that slimy Guy Voldermort fella. The less I see of his boat the better. Good riddance

So you have fallen for the sophistry and mythomania hook line and sinker that vote leave have fed you for the last 40 years.

Peace man.

DavidL

January 07, 2019, 14:20:07 pm #2546 Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 14:21:50 pm by DavidL
While we're on the subject of lies. It appears that the People's (Loser's) Vote have done a Trump. They celebrated the 'fact' that in excess of 700, 000 attended the march in London in October. The Greater London Authority estimates it was closer to 250,000.
If you can't beat 'em, join 'em......eh rufus?

rufus the dawg

Quote from: DavidL on January 07, 2019, 14:20:07 pm
While we're on the subject of lies. It appears that the People's (Loser's) Vote have done a Trump. They celebrated the 'fact' that in excess of 700, 000 attended the march in London in October. The Greater London Authority estimates it was closer to 250,000.

One lie does not make another lie any better!

Just shows uk politics needs cleaning up. Mogg and his lying cohort are the worst of the lot.

I'm still waiting for a plan!

The Letter R

January 08, 2019, 08:31:03 am #2548 Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 08:36:27 am by The Letter R
Quote from: DavidL on January 07, 2019, 14:20:07 pm

I just love the irony that bRexiteers and bRexiteer Press ( Express and Telegraph ) are using figures from the GLA an organisation they all general despise  ;D .....
For the record I don't care how many attended or were claimed to attend - estimating crowd numbers of a moving march is never going to be an exact science with people joining and leaving at different points along the way. Although I think everyone knew it wasn't 700,000 the organisers were always going to aim for the highest estimate they could.

This is probably the best website to reference as it seems fairly impartial and explains how they calculate crowd sizes of this type - so quite interesting reading actually, but even they don't know and have been too busy on other projects since to re-visit and update. Their initial estimate for the record was 300,000 - 450,000 based on the original "cluster" at the start.

https://fullfact.org/news/did-670000-march-peoples-vote-brexit/

DavidL

Quote from: The Letter R on January 08, 2019, 08:31:03 am

I just love the irony that bRexiteers and bRexiteer Press ( Express and Telegraph ) are using figures from the GLA an organisation they all general despise  ;D .....
For the record I don't care how many attended or were claimed to attend - estimating crowd numbers of a moving march is never going to be an exact science with people joining and leaving at different points along the way. Although I think everyone knew it wasn't 700,000 the organisers were always going to aim for the highest estimate they could.

This is probably the best website to reference as it seems fairly impartial and explains how they calculate crowd sizes of this type - so quite interesting reading actually, but even they don't know and have been too busy on other projects since to re-visit and update. Their initial estimate for the record was 300,000 - 450,000 based on the original "cluster" at the start.

https://fullfact.org/news/did-670000-march-peoples-vote-brexit/

Perhaps it was just a 'white' lie?  ;D