Who was the first TNMSer you met?

Started by zoony, July 04, 2007, 23:38:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pudders

QuoteBez, at the Green Man shortly before Wembley2 on R30. The pub garden was rammed, but he assured me that he looked like his avatar. He does! Shortly followed by a table with Pudders, Wille, Dods and a few others.

Actually we met the night before because we ended up with seats next to each other at the back of B4....slightly marred by the fact I elbowed the soon to be Mrs Tupman in the shoulder during a particularly vigorous air-drumming session :-/

Neph

I suppose the first TNMS members I met were Dods, Chris Q and Ash. I met them outside the Marcus Amphitheatre in Milwaukee on the Vapor Trails tour. It was a bit surreal seeing a man in a kilt in the middle of America when you least expect it. I don't even think I was a member of TNMS at the time.

Lee2112

Nance

Ooooohhhh, I didn't realise I was one of your first!!!
You were my 4th!!!
Jane

My temperature's rising, I radiate more heat than light - but that's the menopause for you!

Dods

QuoteI suppose the first TNMS members I met were Dods, Chris Q and Ash. I met them outside the Marcus Amphitheatre in Milwaukee on the Vapor Trails tour. It was a bit surreal seeing a man in a kilt in the middle of America when you least expect it. I don't even think I was a member of TNMS at the time.

And it was bloody hot, hot hot!

I guess you were my fourth then and yon well Geordie bloke with you (not Ash btw) was my fifth.

markyg

QuoteThis would have been at the MSG show in New York in 2002 with a few us wearing the old TNMS t shirts that Stewart was selling at the time making it easier to 'spot' each other at the Irish bar (tyr na nog??) across the road from the arena before and after the show - I remember meeting Hazy and Ian Chapple along with Yorkie and a few others who's names escape me now.

EDIT:

BasspedalMan

I knew Stew from lending his old band some gear ages ago but the first TNMS'er I met knowingly was Hubert Syme.....
Ok, I'll join in...

1981 x 1
1983 x 4
1988 x 2
1992 x 2
1996 x 2
1997 x 5
2002 x 3
2004 x 7
2007 x 7
2011 x 3
2013 x 3

Eya

The first ones were bunch of men sitting at the lobby in the hotel we stayed the first night of Stalker Tour.  But  as Ash (of those men) was the first I knew by name ( for some reason ;) )  I guess I name him as my first :)

Avalon

Actually I was recruited for TNMS by Big Hank as I queued for Ahoy' in 2004!  :)

But before my TNMS era I met some folks during the SoR period in the early 90's (Chris Jones, ARH, Mick, Neil and probably some more of you, I forgot...  :-/)

Also nice to meet Gebs and Dods&co last year!  :)
"Alles Goed?"
(Geddy Rotterdam '83, '88, '92, '04, '07, '07, '11, Amsterdam '13)

zoony

Quote from: zoony on July 04, 2007, 23:38:08 pmCan you remember who the first fellow TNMSer was that you met since you've been posting on here? As we've known each other since we were kids, and as it was him who introduced me to TNMS, Ian The Holte was mine, but the first one i met who i never knew previously was Colin Brown, who me and Ian bumped into while looking for The Green Man before Wembley 1 on the R30 tour.
I was talking about this at EUCON last week, and me and Ian actually saw Vladman, (Tom Cornell) in his kilt before we bumped into Colin.

Bez

Great thread to resurrect, mate....enjoyed flicking through....some excellent "old names" 8)
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

zoony

Quote from: Bez on Yesterday at 00:31:51Great thread to resurrect, mate....enjoyed flicking through....some excellent "old names" 8)
Yeh, the good old days mate. I can always remember when me and Ian saw Neil Pudney for the first time, and I said to Ian go and introduce yourself. He replied "What shall I say, are you Pudders?" 🙂.

Bez

Quote from: zoony on Yesterday at 16:32:15Yeh, the good old days mate. I can always remember when me and Ian saw Neil Pudney for the first time, and I said to Ian go and introduce yourself. He replied "What shall I say, are you Pudders?" 🙂.
Ya big Jessie!....why didn't you go over?
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

zoony

Quote from: Bez on Yesterday at 18:02:43Ya big Jessie!....why didn't you go over?
I was driving mate, not enough beer to give me the confidence I guess 😁.