The Labour Party Leadership Election of 2020

Started by Slim, December 15, 2019, 11:17:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

pxr5

Quote from: Bisto on January 22, 2020, 14:46:39 pmIf only Jordan Peterson was a member of tnms
He'd say things like this I suppose:

Bez

Quote from: zoony on January 22, 2020, 13:45:52 pmI saw on the news this morning that Phillips had withdrawn, but I definitely saw or heard yesterday that Nandy had, which must have been a mistake then?
I think you heard that Nandy had secured the backing of an extra trade union (required to get on the final ballot)...
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Matt2112

Quote from: pxr5 on January 22, 2020, 21:02:50 pmHe'd say things like this I suppose:

"So what you're saying is...."

Dear oh dear, Cathy Newman.
The keys to happiness

rufus the dawg

Bond, Rufus, Dash and Blaize.

DavidL

Matt2112

Quote from: DavidL on January 23, 2020, 11:44:33 amDoes the Guardian now believe that common sense is dangerous?
Classic Guardian hatchet job - no actual counter-arguments, just guilt-by-association of someone who doesn't meet their "woke" quotient.
The keys to happiness

döm

How dare they criticise the high priest of anti-wokness !
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Matt2112

Quote from: döm on January 23, 2020, 20:18:02 pmHow dare they criticise the high priest of anti-wokness !
No-one has an issue with their temerity. Just their inadequacy.
The keys to happiness

Slim

Quote from: rufus the dawg on January 20, 2020, 12:46:40 pmOn a wider less silly point, You might think they are your original thoughts, it could also mean social media postings have infiltrated your brain pasterns to make you think you have original thoughts. This lazy "metropolitian elite" slander has been around for may years and is a standard right wing slur from right wing social media outlets.

It's an observation of a self-evident truth.

Slim

I must say I warmed to Sir Keir after this:

https://twitter.com/BBCPolitics/status/1217873248731435010

I do think his Brexit stance, right up until the point at which it was too late, was unconscionable and the working people he was trying to betray will not forgive that easily. But we need a lot more of this more conciliatory and rational attitude.