Author Topic: Question Time #3  (Read 9376 times)

Slim

• TNMS Member
  • catch the taxi driver weeping like a wounded beast
Re: Question Time #3
« Reply #315 on: April 27, 2017, 23:45:16 PM »
Lewis implies that the man who voted against the Good Friday agreement is a "peacemaker", I wonder if even his bloodthirsty mates in the Provos might be scratching their heads about that one.

Matt2112

• TNMS Member
  • RISE FROM THE ASHES
    • The Fringe
« Reply #316 on: April 28, 2017, 00:09:00 AM »
Corbyn apologist and confused professional faith-head Giles Fraser getting utterly eviscerated by Andrew Neil.

More happens in five minutes of This Week than in an hour of QT.
HYFTOUR30

DavidL

• TNMS Member
  • Music by Lee and Lifeson, Lyrics by Peart
« Reply #317 on: April 28, 2017, 07:23:01 AM »
Corbyn apologist and confused professional faith-head Giles Fraser getting utterly eviscerated by Andrew Neil.

I love to see Andrew Neil ripping lefties a new a-hole! Didn't see it last night but I must watch on catch-up if Fraser gets a mauling - ridiculous man.

Matt2112

• TNMS Member
  • RISE FROM THE ASHES
    • The Fringe
« Reply #318 on: April 28, 2017, 10:14:00 AM »
I love to see Andrew Neil ripping lefties a new a-hole! Didn't see it last night but I must watch on catch-up if Fraser gets a mauling - ridiculous man.

Immediately after Fraser's piece Neil asks him one simple question - and it's enough.  One of the Beeb's few gems is Neil.

I think Giles Fraser's heart is in the right place and I do actually like him.  He struggles with depression at times and is laudably candid about it, so deserves some solidarity on that score.  Unfortunately, he's completely deluded and intellectually squeamish about pretty much everything else.
HYFTOUR30

DavidL

• TNMS Member
« Reply #319 on: April 28, 2017, 10:55:35 AM »
Andrew Neil savaged Gina Miller last week - she made it easy tbf

Matt2112

• TNMS Member
  • RISE FROM THE ASHES
    • The Fringe
« Reply #320 on: April 28, 2017, 11:46:51 AM »

That keeps popping up on my YouTube recommendations - haven't got round to watching it yet.
HYFTOUR30

DavidL

• TNMS Member
« Reply #321 on: April 28, 2017, 13:22:52 PM »

Yes it's far more entertaining than QT - shame it's on so late. I sometimes watch on catch-up but it somehow loses some of its 'edge' when not watched 'live'.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 13:34:53 PM by DavidL »

Matt2112

• TNMS Member
  • RISE FROM THE ASHES
    • The Fringe
« Reply #322 on: April 28, 2017, 16:06:32 PM »
Yes it's far more entertaining than QT - shame it's on so late. I sometimes watch on catch-up but it somehow loses some of its 'edge' when not watched 'live'.

Agreed - best viewed while the iron is at its hottest, as it were.  But I usually stay up only for Neil's (usually terrific) opening monologue, unless there's a guest on in whom I'm particularly interested (for or against!).
HYFTOUR30

DavidL

• TNMS Member
« Reply #323 on: April 29, 2017, 01:23:41 AM »

Just watched it and Fraser now has a second orifice through which to pass solids.

Matt2112

• TNMS Member
  • RISE FROM THE ASHES
    • The Fringe
« Reply #324 on: April 29, 2017, 08:21:40 AM »

Just watched this - yes, her mask is slipping, all her talk about "democracy" is her simply hiding the anti-Brexit ball, and Neil sees right through it.  As does Ann Widdecombe, clearly! 
HYFTOUR30

Slim

• TNMS Member
« Reply #325 on: May 04, 2017, 22:58:06 PM »
Here we go again ..

The panel considers Theresa's approach to the Brexit discussions with the EU. Rebecca Long-Bailey thinks she's electioneering, using the EU as a political football. Seems to me she's doing the same thing here.

Oh David Davis has a bit of inside info - he says that the news story is based on a misleading briefing. He says the commission is trying to bully the British people, and the camera picks up a few nods in the audience. Applause when he says we're lucky to have a bloody difficult woman in there.

Gentle in the audience suggests that Mrs May is a Nazi.

Slim

• TNMS Member
« Reply #326 on: May 04, 2017, 23:01:51 PM »
This is going to be a fiesty one I think - loud cheers and applause from the audience on both sides of the Brexit / Remain divide.

Leanne Wood's on again, wasn't she on about four weeks ago?

Theresa's detractors say she's being too aggressive, but naturally they have not a word of criticism for Juncker.  Supine anti-British cowardice.

Slim

• TNMS Member
« Reply #327 on: May 04, 2017, 23:07:44 PM »
Woman in the audience wants to know what happened to the £300 million a week the Tories promised to the NHS.

Slim

• TNMS Member
« Reply #328 on: May 04, 2017, 23:22:37 PM »
Leanne Wood thinks that the criticism Corbyn gets is nothing to do with him being an extremist, it's all about the media moving to the hard right. She mentions Nicola Sturgeon and several of the audience boo. Pantomime.

Silly young girl in the audience loves Jeremy Corbyn, he's a lovely old man who just wants to help everyone. I wish these people would grow a brain.

Slim

• TNMS Member
« Reply #329 on: May 04, 2017, 23:28:09 PM »
FFS Nuttall has just called Corbyn an "honourable and principled man".

Meanwhile members of the audience point to his supposed "honesty and integrity". One man even suggests that he'll always give a straight answer, possibly he didn't hear his telephone interview with Stephen Nolan when he was asked about his mates in the IRA.

Ah, food banks. Often taken as a token for poverty, what they are in reality is a sad indication that some people will take anything if it's free.