Rio Olympics 2016

Started by Nïckslïkk2112, August 05, 2016, 22:48:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonners

The new songs are an abomination

DavidL

Nïckslïkk2112

I can't take to BMX it's pants.

Now, the Brownlee brothers they AREN'T pants. Pity they're from Yorkshire...
Legend in my own Mind

DavidL

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on August 18, 2016, 22:55:44 pm
I can't take to BMX it's pants.

Now, the Brownlee brothers they AREN'T pants. Pity they're from Yorkshire...l
Can't help thinking they're just taking the piss - I'm not sure there's ever been a less likely looking couple of elite athletes.

Matt2112

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on August 18, 2016, 22:55:44 pm
Now, the Brownlee brothers they AREN'T pants. Pity they're from Yorkshire...

Yorkshire is higher in the medals table than the host nation.  You're welcome.  8)
The keys to happiness

Fishy

From the Land of Honest Men.

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: Matt2112 on August 19, 2016, 01:18:54 am
Yorkshire is higher in the medals table than the host nation.  You're welcome.  8)

No it isn't.
Yorkshire isn't competing at the Olympics.
I thank you.
Legend in my own Mind

Slim

Yes, Matt has used an example of what's known in formal logic as the Nicola Sturgeon Fallacy.

Matt2112

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on August 19, 2016, 10:37:49 am
No it isn't.
Yorkshire isn't competing at the Olympics.
I thank you.

Come, come Simmers, no need for denial - I acknowledge nothing happens outside of the Yorks/Lancs NORTHERN POWERHOUSE hence you get our news broadcasts, so you'll know they clearly show a medals table with Yorkshire on it; and funnily enough, Granada are showing a medals table with Lancashire on it.  Just because Team GB has a few other ringers making up the numbers doesn't make it less of a misnomer. :)
The keys to happiness

Jonners

Browlnee boys are a cut above, lovely lads too, and fellow Yorkshiremen means thay can do no wrong.

Poor old Jonny isn't even the best triathlete in his family.....

Matt2112

Quote from: Slim on August 19, 2016, 10:49:42 am
Yes, Matt has used an example of what's known in formal logic as the Nicola Sturgeon Fallacy.

Yorkshire has a larger population than Scotland, therefore if you're going to ascribe a fallacy to a numpty then it would be even better suited to someone like, say, John Prescott, or Ed Balls, or even better/worse, Eric Pickles.
The keys to happiness

Jonners

Keep Sport and politics apart please gents!

(Then at least I can look like I know what I am talking about in 1 thread on this site!)

Matt2112

August 19, 2016, 11:29:08 am #72 Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 12:40:14 pm by Matt2112
Quote from: Jonners on August 19, 2016, 11:12:01 am
Browlnee boys are a cut above, lovely lads too, and fellow Yorkshiremen means thay can do no wrong.

Poor old Jonny isn't even the best triathlete in his family.....

;D

Absolutely...Friday bants aside, I heard on the radio this morning that Alistair Brownlee's best 10K time during a triathlon is only about 70 seconds slower than Mo Farah's.  Not sure of the veracity of that, but pretty astonishing if true.
The keys to happiness

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: Matt2112 on August 19, 2016, 11:00:42 am
Come, come Simmers, no need for denial - I acknowledge nothing happens outside of the Yorks/Lancs NORTHERN POWERHOUSE hence you get our news broadcasts, so you'll know they clearly show a medals table with Yorkshire on it; and funnily enough, Granada are showing a medals table with Lancashire on it.  Just because Team GB has a few other ringers making up the numbers doesn't make it less of a misnomer. :)

Best bloody bit was when Look North was going through lesser known Yorkshire competitors at the Olympics and first up was Ping-Pong player Liam Pitchford, who has lived all his life just up the road from me...

And, never forget that the NORTHERN POWERHOUSE and indeed the whole of the Modern World was forged in Derbyshire. Sheer, indisputable FACT.
Legend in my own Mind

Bez

Quote from: Matt2112 on August 19, 2016, 01:18:54 am

My home town of Hemel Hempstead was 21st in the medals table at one point (after Max Whitlock won 2 golds on the same night)

If you add Laura Trott's golds Hertfordshire is doing rather well too.

I may check to see if there are any other lurking that I'm not aware of....
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%