Six Nations 2016

Started by Bez, February 04, 2016, 22:53:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

zoony

It was a bit of a panic in the end, but let's not forget that Wales were playing nothing to lose rugby in the last ten minutes, and England were totally dominant in the first 70. Always great to beat "that lot".

NeilP

aye, squeaky at the end but there was only one team in it for 70 mins.... the bench changes seemed to set us back a great deal I thought?

pdw1

Quote from: NeilP on March 12, 2016, 21:18:03 pm
aye, squeaky at the end but there was only one team in it for 70 mins.... the bench changes seemed to set us back a great deal I thought?

Going down to 14 men didnt help
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

NeilP

aye, Wales might have been lucky that their guy didn't join him tbh

BaldiePete

So, if we beat the French today then England win the championship with a game to spare and France will have nothing to play for next week, making a Grand Slam even more likely.

pdw1

Quote from: BaldiePete on March 13, 2016, 11:54:36 am
So, if we beat the French today then England win the championship with a game to spare and France will have nothing to play for next week, making a Grand Slam even more likely.

Thanks

BaldiePete

Jonners

Plus, a win puts Scotland safe from being relegated from the 6N for another year.....
The new songs are an abomination

zoony

Fair play to the Scots, 2 wins on the trot. France won't want England to win the grand slam on their patch, but they haven't shown me anything to suggest they can stop us tbh.

Jonners

I presume that Welsh feller has been cited for the gouging incident?

If Marler is going to get a ban for saying "gypsy boy" to a fat ginger Welsh Pikey, then trying to blind an opponent should hopefully warrant more than a slap on the wrist

pdw1

Quote from: Jonners on March 14, 2016, 14:33:33 pm
I presume that Welsh feller has been cited for the gouging incident?

If Marler is going to get a ban for saying "gypsy boy" to a fat ginger Welsh Pikey, then trying to blind an opponent should hopefully warrant more than a slap on the wrist

Couldn't believe they didnt give him at least a yellow during the match. It was pretty blatant.

zoony

Bez

Quote from: zoony on March 20, 2016, 13:38:43 pm
Well done England  :).

Indeed, still a VERY long way to go before challenging the Southern Hemisphere sides....

Major issues at 9,10, 7, 1&3.....inconsistent kicking, poor decision making, too may missed tackles, lack of pace from he breakdown...etc etc...

Yes,it's a Grand Slam, but the opposition has been pretty dreadful.....
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

pdw1

Quote from: Bez on March 20, 2016, 15:24:41 pm
Indeed, still a VERY long way to go before challenging the Southern Hemisphere sides....

Major issues at 9,10, 7, 1&3.....inconsistent kicking, poor decision making, too may missed tackles, lack of pace from he breakdown...etc etc...

Yes,it's a Grand Slam, but the opposition has been pretty dreadful.....

While it has been fun to watch, the standard has been pretty dreadful. England were the only half decent team on show.
Having said that I thought France played their best match of the tournament last night (that is not saying much). Perhaps they have finally got over the shoeing they got from the All Blacks back in November.

Jonners

Lots of missed tackles, especially against their Fijian winger