• Welcome to The National Midday Sun. Please login or sign up.
July 24, 2019, 05:13:44 am

Six Nations 2016

Started by Bez, February 04, 2016, 22:53:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonners

Scratch what I said earlier, Jones has said Ford is his man for the whole 6N

I guess Farrell will get the boot then if changes are made. Drop your number 1 kicker for a tight match? I doubt it

I imagine it will probably be an almost unchanged side then
The new songs are an abomination

Bez

Quote from: döm on February 29, 2016, 13:30:21 pm
I didn't think France were that bad - admittedly I only saw the second half, but without the Plisson brain freeze, it would have been a very close game.  From the nadir of that World Cup defeat to New Zeland , there are some promising signs for the future.  It's a new coach and a new team though, so if Scotland are to beat France, this season would be an excellent opportunity.

One of the worst French teams I've seen for a long time....no "Gallic flair" and no command up front....can't believe they've managed 2 wins.... :-\
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Jonners

Quote from: Bez on February 29, 2016, 16:37:42 pm
One of the worst French teams I've seen for a long time....no "Gallic flair" and no command up front....can't believe they've managed 2 wins.... :-\

Again shows how poor this years tournament is

Camera panned in on Steve Hampson a couple of times at Twickers. I presume he slept fairly easily that night. He would have been better going to the Wales game, as I imagine Gatland will pick his lot for the Lions again

döm

Quote from: Bez on February 29, 2016, 16:37:42 pm

Worse than last year ?  Or the year before that - come to that they finished bottom of the 6 nations 3 years ago so they've been dire for a good while now.  With all the new faces, I'm seeing signs that the tide has been turned tbh. Noves will want to get his front 8  functioning correctly before we'll see much in the way of flair. Time will tell...
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

NeilP

the general consensus amongst the commentators is that this  year is a poor standard and the northern hemisphere teams a very long way behind their southern counterparts - fair?

Will England be embarrassed in Australia later in the year?

döm

Quote from: NeilP on February 29, 2016, 17:50:56 pm
the general consensus amongst the commentators is that this  year is a poor standard and the northern hemisphere teams a very long way behind their southern counterparts - fair?

Very fair. The World Cup proved how far ahead the Southern Hemisphere sides are.

The European teams have a lot of catching up to do in all aspects of the game.

Bez

Quote from: döm on February 29, 2016, 17:50:20 pm
Worse than last year ?  Or the year before that - come to that they finished bottom of the 6 nations 3 years ago so they've been dire for a good while now.  With all the new faces, I'm seeing signs that the tide has been turned tbh. Noves will want to get his front 8  functioning correctly before we'll see much in the way of flair. Time will tell...

Yep...

I don't remember seeing a French team with zero ball carriers....

Tran Duc (sp?) made a huge difference when he came on, added direction and a willingness to take responsibility

Bez

Quote from: NeilP on February 29, 2016, 17:50:56 pm

I think we have the makings of a fantastic back line....forwards aren't even close, front row and especially the back row (apart from Billy V)

Jonners

Quote from: Bez on March 01, 2016, 08:44:21 am
I think we have the makings of a fantastic back line....forwards aren't even close, front row and especially the back row (apart from Billy V)

Back row will change I think, with Clifford on the verge of being picked, Haskell is working on speed from what I can gather, and Billy V is a special talent. Front row is average, but what we do have is a very dynamic second row pairing, with reserves. Kruis and Itoje are real atheletes.

döm

Quote from: Bez on March 01, 2016, 08:42:57 am
Yep...

I don't remember seeing a French team with zero ball carriers....

Tran Duc (sp?) made a huge difference when he came on, added direction and a willingness to take responsibility

true, crying shame that he's been neglected for so long, especially as that meant given Michalak game time !

BaldiePete

Quote from: döm on March 01, 2016, 09:57:29 am
true, crying shame that he's been neglected for so long, especially as that meant given Michalak game time !

Hopefully he won't get picked for the next match  ;)

Bez

Quote from: Jonners on March 01, 2016, 09:30:17 am
Kruis and Itoje are real atheletes.

....both of whom seem to be able to hold on to the ball in contact unlike a certain Mr C Lawes... ::)

Jonners

Quote from: Bez on March 01, 2016, 18:52:12 pm
....both of whom seem to be able to hold on to the ball in contact unlike a certain Mr C Lawes... ::)

Gone off the ball a bit old Courtney

he will be back, not sure he has played much recently

Bez

Quote from: Jonners on March 02, 2016, 09:25:26 am
Gone off the ball a bit old Courtney

he will be back, not sure he has played much recently

Great athlete, can't hold the ball for toffee.... ::)

Jonners

Quote from: Bez on March 02, 2016, 10:45:47 am
Great athlete, can't hold the ball for toffee.... ::)

And Launchberry probably needs to get himself in shape as well. looks really bulky at the moment, but again he is a fantastic player, very good hands and great over the ball. I imagine Lawes is now probably 4th or even 5th cab on the rank when that other feller with the beard gets fit again