Six Nations 2016

Started by Bez, February 04, 2016, 23:53:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bez

This has sneaked up on me a bit.....now I've realised its this weekend I'm suddenly excited.....

Easy first fixture for Jones with the Scots away.....

I've got tickets for England vs Wales as well  8)
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

zoony

The coverage of the RWC is always very good on ITV, but I can't get my head around the six nations being shown on there this year.

BaldiePete

No predictions from  me. I'm not really sure what the form is like after the RWC with England's poor performance and us playing unexpectedly well. Overall, I suspect the Irish are not the team they were but Wales might be in with a chance after their solid RWC.

döm

February 05, 2016, 09:49:51 am #3 Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 11:01:54 am by döm
Interesting tournament ahead. With Noves in charge I really hope France start playing rugby again but who knows!
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Jonners

France will play better rugby, but their talent pool is limited at the moment

England v Scotland will be a good game, just praying for some dry weather
The new songs are an abomination

BaldiePete

Supposed to be light rain but we've replaced the pitch with a hybrid surface (same as Twickenham ) so it won't be a muddy mess like it was two years ago.

döm

Quote from: Jonners on February 05, 2016, 11:00:27 am
France will play better rugby, but their talent pool is limited at the moment

England v Scotland will be a good game, just praying for some dry weather

He's certainly managed to find a lot of new faces.  Should be good enough to beat Italy anyway

15 Maxime Médard, 14 Hugo Bonneval, 13 Gaël Fickou, 12 Jonathan Danty, 11 Virimi Vakatawa, 10 Jules Plisson, 9 Sébastien Bezy.
1 Eddy Ben Arous, 2 Guilhem Guirado (c), 3 Rabah Slimani, 4 Paul Jedrasiak, 5 Yoann Maestri, 6 Wenceslas Lauret, 7 Damien Chouly, 8 Louis Picamoles.
Replacements:
16 Camille Chat, 17 Uini Atonio, 18 Jefferson Poirot, 19 Alexandre Flanquart, 20 Yacouba Camara, 21 Maxime Machenaud, 22 Jean-Marc Doussain, 23 Maxime Mermoz.

pdw1

Quote from: döm on February 05, 2016, 09:49:51 am
Interesting tournament ahead. With Noves in charge I really hope France start playing rugby again but who knows!

Cant be much worse
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

pdw1

Should we run a book on how long Dylan Hartley lasts in this tournament  before he is sent to the sin bin  :P
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

Bez

Quote from: pdw1 on February 05, 2016, 19:26:41 pm
Should we run a book on how long Dylan Hartley lasts in this tournament  before he is sent to the sin bin  :P

I see he's already crying that the nasty press all want him to fail.....shouldn't have been such a prick in the past then....

BaldiePete

Our Under 20 team beat England Under 20's 24-6 tonight, scoring four tries to none. A good start to the weekend :)

Nïckslïkk2112

And England's Wimmin beat the Scotch. Nilled them. Let's hope the adult men can do the same.
Legend in my own Mind

Bez

Straightforward victory for England; no real threat from the Scots to the try line and pretty dominant in the set piece in the second half....

Italy unlucky not to get  deserved win away in Paris....why leave the drop goal attempt to the number 8....schoolboy error

döm

Quote from: Bez on February 06, 2016, 20:01:58 pm
Straightforward victory for England; no real threat from the Scots to the try line and pretty dominant in the set piece in the second half....

Italy unlucky not to get  deserved win away in Paris....why leave the drop goal attempt to the number 8....schoolboy error

Really worried for France after that performance. Scraped a win but much bigger tests to come.  Defensively we seemed very open at times but it was good to see a bit of flair

BaldiePete

Quote from: Bez on February 06, 2016, 20:01:58 pm

I think you'll have to improve a lot (although we have to improve by even more, and probably can't ). We did well in the set piece in the first half but the total lack of depth in the front row was telling. We have one very good player in each position (which is an improvement on previous years) but the drop off to the 2nd choices is massive. 

I hope that was Italy's good match in this tournament and they revert to type for their remaining matches. As for drop goals by number 8's, it worked for Zinzan Brooke in 1995.