• Welcome to The National Midday Sun. Please login or sign up.
July 16, 2019, 15:09:48 pm

Anderson Rabin Wakeman

Started by Matt2112, January 14, 2016, 14:36:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

captainkurtz

fecking hell!

Glad they're not playing up here, then.
Anger is a gift.

Matt2112

Got Manc Apollo in the middle section of row M, so a decent seat - but for £88.00 it should be.  ::)

Once again, I can't help finding all the VIP packages disgracefully cynical and exorbitant:   :o >:(

QuoteFRONT ROW MEET AND GREET   £334.00     

Pre-show meet with members of the band! Photo-op taken by the tour photographer! Access to the pre-show Sound Check One premium reserved ticket in the FRONT ROW Commemorative VIP laminate and custom lanyard Limited Edition tour gift item (exclusive to VIPs) Tour Programme

MEET AND GREET   £254.00

Pre-show meet with members of the band! Photo-op taken by the tour photographer! Access to the pre-show Sound Check One premium reserved ticket in the FIRST 3 ROWS! Commemorative VIP laminate and custom lanyard Limited Edition tour gift item (exclusive to VIPs) Tour Programme

HOT SOUND PACKAGE   £209.00

One premium reserved ticket in FIRST 7 ROWS! Access to the pre-show Sound Check Commemorative VIP laminate and custom lanyard Limited Edition tour gift item (exclusive to VIPs) Tour Programme

HOT TICKET   £174.00

One premium reserved ticket in FIRST 10 ROWS! Commemorative VIP laminate and custom lanyard Limited Edition tour gift item (exclusive to VIPs) Tour Programme
The keys to happiness

franksidebottom

Why wouldn't you go, price notwithstanding?
Mixu Paateleinen, from the Bolton Coroner's Office.

Matt2112

June 22, 2016, 14:51:38 pm #63 Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 14:55:58 pm by Matt2112
Quote from: franksidebottom on June 22, 2016, 12:20:29 pm
Why wouldn't you go, price notwithstanding?

Not sure I understand..?  Sorry..!  :)

But look at the so-called "Hot Ticket": potentially only three rows in front of my ticket, plus a couple of souvenir trinkets, for twice the price.  Who can justify that?  :-\
The keys to happiness

Straight Shooter

6 of us all organised for Edinburgh.
(2 wanted the 'cheap' seats, so 2nd row in the Grand Circle for them. The rest of us in the middle of Row H in the Stalls)

Somehow booked myself for Glasgow too  ::)  ;)
"I mean...unbelievable, you're a walking encyclopaedia!" : Rick Wakeman - Planet Rock's 'Tune-Adversity Challenge' 2007.

Straight Shooter

Meant to say, the Usher Hall's credit card payments are processed by YES-pay........  :D
"I mean...unbelievable, you're a walking encyclopaedia!" : Rick Wakeman - Planet Rock's 'Tune-Adversity Challenge' 2007.

rufus the dawg

I'm going to Birmingham symphony hall. Seeing Yes is on my Top 100 things to do in life and this is going to be the nearest to it. I love Talk, 90125 and Union is better than everyone makes out. Trevor Rabin is like a stunt guitarist and Can't look away is excellent.

Slim

August 02, 2016, 10:47:13 am #67 Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 10:50:04 am by Slim
I went to see Rick and Jon a few years ago at Buxton and I'm sorry to say the Yes tunes they did were mostly hopeless - Jon clearly had no idea what the actual chords were to some of them and he'd made up bizarre, lazy and frankly downright incorrect acoustic versions that Rick gamely busked over.

Check out this version of And You And I. Gets off to a good start, but listen from 1:30 or so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14yCenIM_As

I'm hoping that Jon won't be allowed to play a musical instrument this time, but I still wouldn't go.

Slim

I must say though - if I did want to immerse myself in an evening of concert-based Yes nostalgia, I'd much rather do this than go and see the official "Yes". Wouldn't be at all surprised if there's another "union" in a few years time.

Fishy

oh dear.. just started going downhill with Tormato.. then it got to Spinal Tap proportions with the number of people that have been in the band over the years... sad to see and hear cos in their prime they were a top top band...
From the Land of Honest Men.

rufus the dawg

Yes have a pretty stable line up after 90125, then is changes again after union.

What to do....yes, its not going to be like 1973, and I have always wanted to see Yes, I am going with my eyes wide open. I did hope they would get Bruford involved but they haven't for his or their reasons. This is 3/5 yes though.

Matt2112

October 04, 2016, 15:57:50 pm #71 Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 16:00:57 pm by Matt2112
First gig of the US tour tonight, at Hard Rock Orlando...

Could I politely request we keep things spoiler-free, or at least spoiler-flagged? :)
The keys to happiness

Jonners

I solemnly promise I will not go looking for the Setlist online
The new songs are an abomination

pdw1

Quote from: Matt2112 on October 04, 2016, 15:57:50 pm
First gig of the US tour tonight, at Hard Rock Orlando...

Could I politely request we keep things spoiler-free, or at least spoiler-flagged? :)

They play
Owner of a Lonely Heart

;)
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

Matt2112

;D

I've inadvertently stumbled across (another) one on social media already.  This is pretty much futile isn't it?  :-\ ;)
The keys to happiness