Simple Pleasure of the Day - 80

Started by Chris Quartly, November 19, 2015, 19:49:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt2112

January 06, 2021, 13:23:31 pm #2085 Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 13:25:09 pm by Matt2112
Quote from: Anna Woriboutchu on January 06, 2021, 00:57:09 amWishing you all the very best sir. I had a TIA in 2014 and felt extremely fortunate to have no lasting difficulties except for the huge dent in confidence which took some time to get over. I've had couple of pulmonary vein isolation catheter ablations over the years which have had good results for me. My cardiologist has encouraged me to have a third procedure which would appear to achieve the greatest benefit. I received a call very recently inviting me to receive this PVI which was to take place on 5th January. However, as my sister and partner were experiencing a difficult recovery from Covid and as I have another more pressing health issue at present, I requested a review of this date. Basically I bottled it, and had I gone ahead the likelihood is I would be home tonight with it behind me. Glad you're on course for a great 2021!
Thank you Anna.  I was originally diagnosed on admission as having had a TIA but subsequent MRIs established some residual damage and I have what is probably a permanent mild lack of sensation in the fingers of my right hand (no giggling at the back...!), so it was "upgraded" to a mild stroke.

I completely get the shock to your confidence as I suffered some episodes of anxiety for quite a long time after my event.  It's a vicious circle between anxiety and its effects on health, not easily mitigated.

My best wishes to you. :)
The keys to happiness

Nick

Toyah and Fripp covering Metallica... just heading back to watch for the 15th time.. someone inform Kurtzy and Zoony.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?fbclid=IwAR13YOjwLITjDXFSI-nSdUwAvW_1s2ckHksDcaEds4luVQn8Bg8oFc2r3EI&v=khkKfMotNoI&feature=youtu.be
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

dom

When the truth offends we lie and lie until we can longer remember it is even there. But it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is repaid

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: Nick on January 10, 2021, 20:22:06 pmToyah and Fripp covering Metallica... just heading back to watch for the 15th time.. someone inform Kurtzy and Zoony.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?fbclid=IwAR13YOjwLITjDXFSI-nSdUwAvW_1s2ckHksDcaEds4luVQn8Bg8oFc2r3EI&v=khkKfMotNoI&feature=youtu.be
No wonder he normally keeps her in a Dinosaur costume. Suppose that one beats my old favourite.

(202) Toyahsaurus & Robert's Sunday Lunch - Singalonga Dinosaur - YouTube

Legend in my own Mind<br /><br />

Not enough war
Not enough famine
Not enough suffering
Not enough natural selection

captainkurtz

Quote from: Nick on January 10, 2021, 20:22:06 pmToyah and Fripp covering Metallica... just heading back to watch for the 15th time.. someone inform Kurtzy and Zoony.

Oooh.  Will watch that tomorrow.  Completely fancy Toyah - absolutely lovely, in every way.
Anger is a gift.

Bisto

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on January 10, 2021, 21:30:13 pmNo wonder he normally keeps her in a Dinosaur costume. Suppose that one beats my old favourite.

(202) Toyahsaurus & Robert's Sunday Lunch - Singalonga Dinosaur - YouTube

What a fantastic pair they are....
No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

captainkurtz

Holy shit.

They need to turn the thermostat up a bit, I reckon...
Anger is a gift.

Straight Shooter

I clicked on the link before reading the further comments below it....

Crikey! :o
"I mean...unbelievable, you're a walking encyclopaedia!" : Rick Wakeman - Planet Rock's 'Tune-Adversity Challenge' 2007.

pxr5

Nearly 2 millions views! I can think of 2 good reasons why, and it's not Fripp's guitar work lol

DavidL

January 14, 2021, 14:42:27 pm #2094 Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 14:50:13 pm by DavidL
Quote from: pxr5 on January 14, 2021, 14:36:49 pm

Nearly 2 millions views! I can think of 2 good reasons why, and it's not Fripp's guitar work lol
I wonder, nipples off and back on? Or bags in from the bottom? Can't make my mind up as to whether Toyah has retained sensitivity in the areola. I've tried hard but not sure that there is any significant hardening as the tune progresses. Probably never know

Fishy

From the Land of Honest Men.

DavidL

DavidL

January 14, 2021, 15:37:49 pm #2097 Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 15:41:01 pm by DavidL
Quote from: captainkurtz on January 11, 2021, 00:48:36 amOooh.  Will watch that tomorrow.  Completely fancy Toyah - absolutely lovely, in every way.
Yeah, she's got her knockers, but she doesn't need any support ::)

Bisto

Quote from: Fishy on January 14, 2021, 14:51:58 pmWow
Crivens! 😳The Piscine Poet returns!🥸 Welcome back,.... hopefully it's not a Flying Fishy visit.
No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

Ali

Rome-Wembley-Paris-Rome-Istanbul-Madrid