Simple Pleasure of the Day - 80

Started by Chris Quartly, November 19, 2015, 19:49:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

zoony

Hearing that Peter Sutcliffe has died. Just a shame that all of the taxpayers money that has been wasted on keeping him alive in prison for the last 39 years, could have been put to much better use.

Matt2112

The Shaymen earning a deserved 1-1 draw with their last kick of the match in the 94th minute.  Always feels like a win when that happens!

Absolute scenes in my lounge. :)
The keys to happiness

zoony

Quote from: zoony on November 07, 2020, 20:18:57 pmI watched that Martin Lewis money show the other week, and there was a bit on there about claiming some tax back if your spouse or civil partner didn't work, or earned under a certain amount, so I put a claim in on Wendy's behalf. Came home from work today to find a cheque had arrived from The Inland revenue for £938-97p 🙂.
Had my first payslip today since I did this, and my tax code has changed from 1256L to 1381M. Took home around £160 more than I normally do.

Matt2112

Quote from: zoony on November 19, 2020, 01:23:46 amHad my first payslip today since I did this, and my tax code has changed from 1256L to 1381M. Took home around £160 more than I normally do.
Pleased for you mate.

It's still a nonsensical tax break that's outmoded and should be abolished.  :-\
The keys to happiness

Slim

Just lovely to see Arron Banks gaining financially at the expense of the gullible remainers who funded Codswallop's legal costs.
Lies run sprints, but the truth runs marathons.

pdw1

Stepped into my daughter's primary school for the first time in 9 months.
Went to film the reception class nativity play - I was the only outsider to see it. It brought a smile to my face and I have to admit a small tear to my eye .
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

BasspedalMan

Quote from: Slim on November 28, 2020, 01:53:06 am

Just lovely to see Arron Banks gaining financially at the expense of the gullible remainers who funded Codswallop's legal costs.
Ahh yes, Arron Banks.. what a fine upstanding member of society... at least he won't have to admit to where all his cash is stashed in 2021 now he has bankrolled the biggest scam in history...
Ok, I'll join in...

1981 x 1
1983 x 4
1988 x 2
1992 x 2
1996 x 2
1997 x 5
2002 x 3
2004 x 7
2007 x 7
2011 x 3
2013 x 3

Matt2112

Quote from: pdw1 on December 02, 2020, 17:23:26 pmStepped into my daughter's primary school for the first time in 9 months.
Went to film the reception class nativity play - I was the only outsider to see it. It brought a smile to my face and I have to admit a small tear to my eye .
Nice to hear! :) 

I'll be watching my little un's Nativity play via a private YouTube link.

She's playing an angel - so definitely been cast against type there... ;)
The keys to happiness

pdw1

Quote from: Matt2112 on December 03, 2020, 00:16:25 amNice to hear! :) 

I'll be watching my little un's Nativity play via a private YouTube link.

She's playing an angel - so definitely been cast against type there... ;)
lovely. Its a rite of passage for every child and parent.

zoony

Seeing Ezra and Martha today for the first time in 4 weeks. Just wonderful 🙂.

Ricky4001

Quote from: pdw1 on December 02, 2020, 17:23:26 pmStepped into my daughter's primary school for the first time in 9 months.
Fantastic.  In 2015 we were flying to Australia to visit my brother for Christmas and had to leave the day of the Nativity Play.  The Head Teacher let my wife and I in to see the final rehearsal and we were the only ones there, special memories.
Wembley 1988<br />Birmingham 1992 x2<br />Birmingham 2004<br />Manchester 2007<br />Dublin 2011 yay!<br />Birmingham 2013

pdw1

I had my flu vaccine this morning.

DavidL

Quote from: pdw1 on December 05, 2020, 13:28:52 pmI had my flu vaccine this morning.
Good luck. I hope you are in the 'right' 50%! 😉

pdw1

Quote from: DavidL on December 05, 2020, 22:52:32 pmGood luck. I hope you are in the 'right' 50%! 😉
50% is a lot better than 0%

zoony

I have been meaning to have a radiator fitted in our living room for the last 12 years or so, but have never got around to it - until today. I suppose it helps when your eldest son's father in law is a plumber though. He's got to come back tomorrow to get it all connected, as he didn't have time today, and is also fitting us new taps in the kitchen. Jobs a good one 🙂.