Simple Pleasure of the Day - 80

Started by Chris Quartly, November 19, 2015, 19:49:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidL

Keith 'Vazeline' Vaz getting a six month suspension from being an MP.

Slim

Keith was my MP once! And on a related note, it's my current MP's birthday today. Happy Birthday Andrew Bridgen! By a long distance the best MP I've ever had. I think Tessa Jowell was probably the worst one.

zoony

Our local quiz league started up for the new season last night, and we had a new team member who was recommended by my neighbour, who is also in the team. He's 51, and was really good with a broad array of quiz knowledge. As a Brucie bonus as well, he turns out to be a RUSH fan. Finally nice to have someone in the team who knows what I'm on about when I mention RUSH 🙂.

Slim

Listening to Gilles Peterson this afternoon and heard a piece of music that knocked me sideways. This one, which I see has been uploaded to YouTube today.

captainkurtz

Quote from: Slim on November 02, 2019, 19:45:59 pmListening to Gilles Peterson this afternoon and heard a piece of music that knocked me sideways. This one, which I see has been uploaded to YouTube today.

My signed copy arrived on Friday.  It's good, but not quite as good as the 'record of the decade' that the media are purporting it to be.  Also, it's a piss poor recording - no definition or space at all - just one big sludgey wall of noise.  Dangermouse produced it - quite a big name - he must have no ears.  A shame, because the songs deserve better.

Seeing him next March, looking forward to it..
Anger is a gift.

pxr5

pdw1

Watching the Cambridge City firework display by the river with my 2 daughters.
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

Matt2112

I'm not a Royalist - far from it.  They should be disestablished at the very least.

But...

A friend of ours lives in Windsor as her husband is in the Household Cavalry. Every Wednesday she attends an Army Wives' Mother and Baby meeting.  It's been revealed that, at her last meeting two days ago, completely unannounced, and without any forewarning or fanfare, in walked Harry and Meghan for a casual chat  and coffee.

There's an article and video about it on the Forces TV website - I'm not sure it's been reported in the mainstream news.

I'm delighted for our friend more than anything else, hence this post, but I've got to say fair play to  that particular royal couple. 

And I never thought I'd state that.
The keys to happiness

DavidL

Quote from: Matt2112 on November 09, 2019, 00:56:13 amI'm not a Royalist - far from it.  They should be disestablished at the very least.

But...

A friend of ours lives in Windsor as her husband is in the Household Cavalry. Every Wednesday she attends an Army Wives' Mother and Baby meeting.  It's been revealed that, at her last meeting two days ago, completely unannounced, and without any forewarning or fanfare, in walked Harry and Meghan for a casual chat  and coffee.

There's an article and video about it on the Forces TV website - I'm not sure it's been reported in the mainstream news.

I'm delighted for our friend more than anything else, hence this post, but I've got to say fair play to  that particular royal couple.

And I never thought I'd state that.
Wills and Harry seem to be thoroughly good eggs. However, Meghan, I think, could be trouble.

Nïckslïkk2112

Legend in my own Mind

döm

Quote from: DavidL on November 09, 2019, 10:29:29 amWills and Harry seem to be thoroughly good eggs. However, Meghan, I think, could be trouble.
Great ! The more trouble, the better!
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

DavidL

New pair of headphones! Focal Elegia, to be exact. 😀

zoony

One of my nieces works doing something to do with horses, and the other week had the opportunity to go and meet The queen at one of her stables. She was showing me a couple of pics she had taken with her majesty, but was told that she wasn't allowed to put them online. Seemed strange to see them in the picture in their 'horsey' clothes.

Nick

Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

Nïckslïkk2112

A working boiler!

Some bugger's set the thermostat too high though 21C?????? 15's more than enough!
Legend in my own Mind