Simple Pleasure of the Day - 80

Started by Chris Quartly, November 19, 2015, 19:49:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

A coup, an ashes hero and a Rush film, think that's it.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

Nïckslïkk2112

Mrs S dragged me into M&S in York today, but I came away with a bargain. A rather spiffing linen jacket for £29.70 instead of £99 - 70% off :0

I can now travel the railway network in the stylish manner of Michael Portillo! (errr, is that such a good thing? - ed.)
Legend in my own Mind

Bez

A "few" pints with some "northern monkey" who was visiting my manor at the weekend...great to see you, mate ;D
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Matt2112

A few eye-poppingly over-priced pints with a Southern "Softie" (though he's a fair bit bigger than me) whose manor I was visiting at the weekend...an absolute pleasure, you are a gentleman and a scholar; and thanks for taking some snaps of me at the After Life locations just outside the boozer...!  ;D
The keys to happiness

Bez

Quote from: Matt2112 on September 10, 2019, 17:05:02 pmA few eye-poppingly over-priced pints with a Southern "Softie" (though he's a fair bit bigger than me) whose manor I was visiting at the weekend...an absolute pleasure, you are a gentleman and a scholar; and thanks for taking some snaps of me at the After Life locations just outside the boozer...!  ;D
You were lucky I took you to the cheap pub....:)
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Matt2112

Quote from: Bez on September 10, 2019, 20:13:37 pmYou were lucky I took you to the cheap pub....:)
I thought there was a "One for the price of two" deal on.  ::)  :-\
The keys to happiness

Richard_2112

Quote from: Slim on September 13, 2019, 15:06:39 pmhttps://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/nine-hartlepool-councillors-defect-brexit-16911069?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

Nine councillors from my home town put national interest before party.
I've just read about this too. Curious to know how they think a local council is going to have any effect on Brexit, and also what their actual domestic policies are that will improve the area.
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind. Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines.

BasspedalMan

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on August 30, 2019, 20:31:25 pmMrs S dragged me into M&S in York today, but I came away with a bargain. A rather spiffing linen jacket for £29.70 instead of £99 - 70% off :0

I can now travel the railway network in the stylish manner of Michael Portillo! (errr, is that such a good thing? - ed.)
Jeez.. Portillo? What colour is it??
Ok, I'll join in...

1981 x 1
1983 x 4
1988 x 2
1992 x 2
1996 x 2
1997 x 5
2002 x 3
2004 x 7
2007 x 7
2011 x 3
2013 x 3

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: BasspedalMan on September 13, 2019, 18:30:06 pmJeez.. Portillo? What colour is it??
Blue, with white pinstripes - so not too deckchairy!
Legend in my own Mind

zoony

My car passed its MOT with no issues.

Nïckslïkk2112

Holding up a Tractor whilst out on my ride today :)

And getting up the Cat and Fiddle, but it's a lot easier than expected.
Legend in my own Mind

pdw1

Oh I do like The Last Night of The Proms :)
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

zoony

Watching my dog getting loads of pheasants up from the long grass in the field just up the road from us. If only I had a gun!

pdw1

Quote from: zoony on September 16, 2019, 15:09:35 pmWatching my dog getting loads of pheasants up from the long grass in the field just up the road from us. If only I had a gun!
A Zoony with a shot gun. Now there's a scary thought  :o
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown