• Welcome to The National Midday Sun. Please login or sign up.

Simple Pleasure of the Day - 80

Started by Chris Quartly, November 19, 2015, 18:49:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidL

Quote from: Richard_2112 on June 22, 2019, 01:08:05 amNothing particularly simple about this, but after storming our way through all the heats, my band Black Falcon are officially going to be playing this year's Bloodstock!!!

The funny thing is we didn't even win our final. The organiser liked us so much he put us on the Jaegermeister stage!!!
Well done!

pdw1

Quote from: Richard_2112 on June 22, 2019, 01:08:05 amNothing particularly simple about this, but after storming our way through all the heats, my band Black Falcon are officially going to be playing this year's Bloodstock!!!

The funny thing is we didn't even win our final. The organiser liked us so much he put us on the Jaegermeister stage!!!
Brilliant news. Well done
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

Matt2112

Great stuff Richard, chuffed for you pal.  :D
The keys to happiness

Straight Shooter

Nice one Richard, hope it all goes well when the time comes!
"I mean...unbelievable, you're a walking encyclopaedia!" : Rick Wakeman - Planet Rock's 'Tune-Adversity Challenge' 2007.

Slim

Bisto

• Tom Watson

@tom_watson

Listening to Nick Clegg on the
@BBCr4today
answer for the dystopian world of Facebook - from live-streaming massacres to enabling suicides. Zuckerberg hired a former deputy PM so he could "understand Europe." His proposed remedy? An oversight committee. Pull the other one.
No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

Matt2112

The news that the uber-tunesmith, hookmeister and all-round songwriting god Richard Marx is doing some UK shows next year.  Hurrah! :)
The keys to happiness

Straight Shooter

Quote from: Matt2112 on July 08, 2019, 21:52:24 pmThe news that the uber-tunesmith, hookmeister and all-round songwriting god Richard Marx is doing some UK shows next year.  Hurrah! :)
Edinburgh - Queen's Hall on Sunday 5 April :)
"I mean...unbelievable, you're a walking encyclopaedia!" : Rick Wakeman - Planet Rock's 'Tune-Adversity Challenge' 2007.

Straight Shooter

Quote from: Straight Shooter on July 10, 2019, 12:49:39 pmEdinburgh - Queen's Hall on Sunday 5 April :)
Turns out Tickets Scotland are quoting the wrong date!

Venue box office confirms it should be Saturday 4th.

Even better...

Matt2112

Quote from: Straight Shooter on July 11, 2019, 22:38:17 pmTurns out Tickets Scotland are quoting the wrong date!

Venue box office confirms it should be Saturday 4th.

Even better...
Sorely tempted, but holding out for  some dates closer to home.  Though if I have to travel, then so be it!  :D
The keys to happiness

Straight Shooter

Quote from: Matt2112 on July 12, 2019, 08:19:16 amSorely tempted, but holding out for  some dates closer to home.  Though if I have to travel, then so be it!  :D
Sale of the Edinburgh tickets didn't go ahead today and Tickets Scotland who had the wrong date listed, no longer have any listing.

Although the venue confirms the show date is still valid, they're waiting to hear when the tickets are to go on sale...

zoony

The warm feeling of ENGLAND being world cricket champions after yesterday's unbelievable match. I'm proud to say I'm ENGLISH, and not worried about it like some people seem to be these days, ie supermarkets labelling their strawberries that are grown in Sotland as Scottish, but the ones that are grown in ENGLAND are labelled up as British?! Proud to be an ENGLISHMAN, and we've now been world champions in the 3 main sports of football, cricket and rugby union, while the Scots and the Welsh are still waiting to triumph in just one of them 🙂.