Simple Pleasure of the Day - 80

Started by Chris Quartly, November 19, 2015, 19:49:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidL

Spent the afternoon working on the airfield at USAF Fairford. Extremely close to the B-52s and managed to see a couple return form a spot of 'Bear-baiting'.

zoony

Going for my first walk today since I came out of hospital. I was a bit nervous, but I felt fine, and none of those nasty pains I'd been having for weeks! Looking forward to stepping it up in the coming weeks.

captainkurtz

Quote from: zoony on April 06, 2019, 12:17:33 pm
Going for my first walk today since I came out of hospital. I was a bit nervous, but I felt fine, and none of those nasty pains I'd been having for weeks! Looking forward to stepping it up in the coming weeks.

looking forward to seeing the new improved streamlined Zoony.....I think you could start to look like George Clooney.....although I will miss big cuddly teddy bear Zoonster...
Anger is a gift.

zoony

Quote from: captainkurtz on April 06, 2019, 12:32:47 pm
looking forward to seeing the new improved streamlined Zoony.....I think you could start to look like George Clooney.....although I will miss big cuddly teddy bear Zoonster...

Cheers mate. I know that I've dropped some weight off in the last week and a half, and would expect to lose some more with the healthier food I've been eating. Think I will always be cuddly though 😉.

rufus the dawg

Bought a cherry tree and planted it.

Tomorrow-of to Bromyard for speed festival https://bromyardspeedfestival.co.uk/bsf-2019-running-order.html

zoony

Bumping into an old school mate at The Merry Hill shopping centre this morning. Hadn't seen him to speak to since 1981, when RUSH were really good 🙂.

zoony

Had a real craving for some unhealthy food yesterday, in particular a big battered sausage dipped in curry sauce. Got through it though 🙂.

Matt2112

Quote from: zoony on April 16, 2019, 11:13:51 am
Had a real craving for some unhealthy food yesterday, in particular a big battered sausage dipped in curry sauce. Got through it though 🙂.

Good to hear, Rob; keep that up mate.  :)
The keys to happiness

Nick

Yep well done Zoony, keep beating those cravings away.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

zoony

Haven't set myself any targets, just eating a lot more sensibly and cut out the rubbish, and going walking 3 times a day. Have lost 16 pounds in 4 weeks though.

The Letter R

You'll be needing to buy some new Rush shirts in a smaller size  8)

BasspedalMan

Well done Zoony, I have had a horrid three months during which I was diagnosed with Heart Failure. I had two big chest infections which resulted in me retaining a huge amount of fluid which in turn put pressure on my heart and knocked it out of a stable rhythm. I had eight days in hospital during which time I pee'd out 16kg of extra fluid. I got ill at Christmas and from the worst point I am now 24kg lighter!! 90% of this has been fluid and I have to watch my intake. Haven't had a proper night in the pub since mid-December.

I miss my beers and the odd cooked breakfast but my family would miss me more if I wasn't around....

Ok, I'll join in...

1981 x 1
1983 x 4
1988 x 2
1992 x 2
1996 x 2
1997 x 5
2002 x 3
2004 x 7
2007 x 7
2011 x 3
2013 x 3

pdw1

Quote from: BasspedalMan on April 17, 2019, 18:46:15 pm
Well done Zoony, I have had a horrid three months during which I was diagnosed with Heart Failure. I had two big chest infections which resulted in me retaining a huge amount of fluid which in turn put pressure on my heart and knocked it out of a stable rhythm. I had eight days in hospital during which time I pee'd out 16kg of extra fluid. I got ill at Christmas and from the worst point I am now 24kg lighter!! 90% of this has been fluid and I have to watch my intake. Haven't had a proper night in the pub since mid-December.

I miss my beers and the odd cooked breakfast but my family would miss me more if I wasn't around....
Sorry to hear this but glad to know you are still with us.Take care of yourself.
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

The Letter R

Blimey John - sorry to hear this - but good news to read you seem to be on the mend, let's hope you're health continues to improve!!

zoony

Sorry to hear you've been I'll as well Jon, but like me you are now back on the right track. As you say, family is more important than unhealthy things we can manage without.