Simple Pleasure of the Day - 80

Started by Chris Quartly, November 19, 2015, 19:49:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

The Letter R

Positive news of the day - HMV appear to have been saved by Canadian firm Sunrise Records. On the downside looks like 27 un-profitable stores are set to close with the loss of circa 455 jobs. Not good news for those being made redundant but clearly far better news than the whole chain going.

pdw1

Evening at the O2 arena watching my youngest sing along with 8800 other kids in the Young Voices choir.
Great fun and guest appearance by Tony Hadley who still has a great set of pipes.
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

Bez

Quote from: pdw1 on February 06, 2019, 00:27:44 am
Evening at the O2 arena watching my youngest sing along with 8800 other kids in the Young Voices choir.
Great fun and guest appearance by Tony Hadley who still has a great set of pipes.


Mrs B's school did that last week....she said it was excellent 9including Tony H)

Did you have the soul singer as well? Mrs B couldn't remember who it was but said she was excellent
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

pdw1

Sharlene Hector of Basement Jaxx?
Yes she was fantastic.

Beau Dermott on the other hand was very bland.
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

Bez

Quote from: pdw1 on February 06, 2019, 09:33:45 am
Sharlene Hector of Basement Jaxx?
Yes she was fantastic.

Beau Dermott on the other hand was very bland.


I'll check with her....sounds plausible....

Was the other fella from X Factor?
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Bisto

February 10, 2019, 22:03:40 pm #1115 Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 22:07:22 pm by Bisto
Finally got a decent turntable, cartridge, amp, cd player and speakers. Vinyl Sounds pretty good considering all I did was unbox it all, connect it all together and haven't got any speaker stands; plus I haven't a clue how to set it up properly; hopefully Beardy will take pity on me at some point and fine tune it. Can't remember the last time I could sit on my own in a room and play an album...must be almost 40 years :o


.....bliss! 😊
No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

rufus the dawg

Quote from: Bisto on February 10, 2019, 22:03:40 pm
Finally got a decent turntable, cartridge, amp, cd player and speakers. Vinyl Sounds pretty good considering all I did was unbox it all, connect it all together and haven't got any speaker stands; plus I haven't a clue how to set it up properly; hopefully Beardy will take pity on me at some point and fine tune it. Can't remember the last time I could sit on my own in a room and play an album...must be almost 40 years :o


.....bliss! 😊



Congratulations; one of life's big pleasures.




Bisto

Quote from: rufus the dawg on February 10, 2019, 22:27:09 pm

Congratulations; one of life's big pleasures.



Cheers! It's been such a pleasure this evening...played John Martin Solid Air, Little Feat Waiting for Columbus, The Who Live at Leeds deluxe all half speed mastered.
No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

Bez

Quote from: Bisto on February 10, 2019, 22:03:40 pm
Finally got a decent turntable, cartridge, amp, cd player and speakers. Vinyl Sounds pretty good considering all I did was unbox it all, connect it all together and haven't got any speaker stands; plus I haven't a clue how to set it up properly; hopefully Beardy will take pity on me at some point and fine tune it. Can't remember the last time I could sit on my own in a room and play an album...must be almost 40 years :o


.....bliss! 😊

Nice, I remember the gleam in your eye when we spoke about this at the LVS gig a few months back....

Enjoy!
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Bisto

Quote from: Bez on February 11, 2019, 00:15:06 am
Nice, I remember the gleam in your eye when we spoke about this at the LVS gig a few months back....

Enjoy!



I am thanks mate! 😎...its having the space and time as well as the peace and quiet to indulge and immerse myself in it...I think I might become a recluse for a while.
No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

Bisto

...I'm also realising that it's going to cost me a fortune in vinyl now😬🤑
No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: Bisto on February 10, 2019, 22:03:40 pm
Finally got a decent turntable, cartridge, amp, cd player and speakers.

And what are they? Steve Hoffman needs to know...
Legend in my own Mind


Bisto

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on February 12, 2019, 00:31:40 am
And what are they? Steve Hoffman needs to know...



They aren't in that league  ;D
No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

Bisto

I don't suppose such a topic would merit it's own thread but I am becoming more intrigued about the whole ''which is the best pressing' phenomenon, which I only became aware of as a thing in very recent times.


Luckily for (long suffering) TNMS members I don't have the kind of income to justify becoming an Audiophile snob but if my lotto numbers ever do come up I think there would be a very real danger of that happening....and if it did, I'd be completely insufferable.
No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

DavidL

Quote from: Bisto on February 15, 2019, 16:14:41 pm
I don't suppose such a topic would merit it's own thread but I am becoming more intrigued about the whole ''which is the best pressing' phenomenon, which I only became aware of as a thing in very recent times.


Luckily for (long suffering) TNMS members I don't have the kind of income to justify becoming an Audiophile snob but if my lotto numbers ever do come up I think there would be a very real danger of that happening....and if it did, I'd be completely insufferable.
As NickSlik2112 alluded to, Steve Hoffmann forum is where it's at for that sort of thing. I recently bought the Friday Music pressing of Leftoverture by Kansas on the strength of what I read about it there but it was a huge disappointment. Dished like a soupbowl. I exchanged it for a Music On Vinyl version that, although not a gatefold cover, was pretty good in terms of pressing quality. It is a bit of a minefield as the 'best' is very subjective. Having said that, you can sometimes find that people on there have performed analysis to determine dynamic range etc. Personally, I quite like the idea of original releases in as close to 'mint' as I can find. Discogs is great for finding info on different releases.