Simple Pleasure of the Day - 80

Started by Chris Quartly, November 19, 2015, 19:49:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Letter R and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bisto

Quote from: Richard_2112 on December 09, 2018, 23:40:13 pm
Passed my final probation at work with flying colours and am officially full time again.

Congrats 🙂
No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

DavidL

December 12, 2018, 01:59:42 am #1066 Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 02:02:44 am by DavidL
My vinyl front end continues to astound with latest improvements. Purchased a new Acoustic Signature TA- 1000 12" tonearm a couple of weeks ago and I've now fitted an Ortofon Cadenza Bronze cartridge to it. It's hard to understand how vinyl can sound so quiet! Will probably take a few weeks to run-in but already I'm experiencing the pleasure of hearing more detail from LPs that I thought I knew intimately.

captainkurtz

Quote from: DavidL on December 12, 2018, 01:59:42 am
My vinyl front end continues to astound with latest improvements. Purchased a new Acoustic Signature TA- 1000 12" tonearm a couple of weeks ago and I've now fitted an Ortofon Cadenza Bronze cartridge to it. It's hard to understand how vinyl can sound so quiet! Will probably take a few weeks to run-in but already I'm experiencing the pleasure of hearing more detail from LPs that I thought I knew intimately.

What turntable do you have?

Ive an RP3 but in 2020 I'm planning a major upgrade of everything - thinking of an RP10 but haven't really looked properly into things yet...
Anger is a gift.

DavidL

December 12, 2018, 15:00:32 pm #1068 Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 15:03:41 pm by DavidL
Quote from: captainkurtz on December 12, 2018, 07:44:27 am
What turntable do you have?

Ive an RP3 but in 2020 I'm planning a major upgrade of everything - thinking of an RP10 but haven't really looked properly into things yet...
You won't find another like this! It's my own design based on a Rega sub-platter and bearing. Platter and plinth are CNC-machined granite. The motor and control are Origin Live Ultra. The motor housing and armboard are custom made to my design. Very heavy and nice low noise-floor. I get a nice warm glow when I sit and listen to the glorious sound it produces! BTW, I christened it 'The Syrinx MK1'  ;D (struggled to get decent pics)

Slim

Quote from: DavidL on December 12, 2018, 01:59:42 am

You could always upgrade to CD, assuming there's a decently mastered version of the records you like.
Today's simple pleasure is the news from Westminster. I'm hoping for even more simple pleasure this evening.

zoony

Looking forward to our family meal out tonight, 25 of us. 3 course meal and a disco.

Phil

zoony

Quote from: zoony on December 14, 2018, 15:41:33 pm
Looking forward to our family meal out tonight, 25 of us. 3 course meal and a disco.

4 desserts 🙂.

pdw1

Yesterday was my last day at work for the year.
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

zoony

Quote from: pdw1 on December 21, 2018, 10:31:54 am

Same here mate, and not back til the 3rd of Jan.

Matt2112

Quote from: pdw1 on December 21, 2018, 10:31:54 am

Today is mine.  It's a good feeling.  I love Chrimbo, me.  :)
The keys to happiness

colinbrown69

In tomorrow, Saturday, out on the piss at about 8pm then off until Friday, not bad, but then 5 in a row,

cheers, Colin
green man...................wembley 8th sep
prem lodge...................n.e.c 11th sept
moon under water.........m.e.n 12 sept
solid rock.....................s.e.c.c 14th sept

Suddenly - You were gone from all the lives you left your mark upon
I remember - How we talked and drank into the misty dawn
Ian

captainkurtz

Sheer good luck and a little bit of slyness and I managed to get 2 deluxe signed copies of the new Kate Bush book....one of which makes a perfect Christmas Eve birthday present for my best mate...
Anger is a gift.

Matt2112

The utterly ludicrous amount of presents bought for my little un.  :)
The keys to happiness

Bisto

Italian family Christmas feast...the food....😲🤤😋😊
No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.