Simple Pleasure of the Day - 80

Started by Chris Quartly, November 19, 2015, 19:49:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

döm

Last Saturday Cech picked up a thigh injury from a goal kick.  I got the same injury from mis-kicking a ball a few weeks ago and felt a right idiot.  The leg is still in a soft cast but at least I'm in good company and don't feel quite so daft seeing that it could happen to a professional
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

DavidL

Got pretty close to nailing Living After Midnight on the Karaoke tonight (need a Locket now though)

Fuzzy

Getting an email this afternoon confirming that a certain Rush Tribute I work with have got a show in central London next year....on my birthday  ;D 8)
Money, it's a gas

Bisto

Quote from: Fuzzy on October 05, 2018, 19:22:06 pm
Getting an email this afternoon confirming that a certain Rush Tribute I work with have got a show in central London next year....on my birthday  ;D 8)

😎 Where and when?
No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

Nick

Seeing the Angel of the North and the Wllow man of Somerset on the same day.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

Fuzzy

Money, it's a gas

zoony

Quote from: Nick on October 05, 2018, 23:42:58 pm

Always a good sign that you're not far from Devon when you see "The old man of straw" 🙂.

Matt2112

Quote from: Nick on October 05, 2018, 23:42:58 pm

Sounds a nice flight.  ;)
The keys to happiness

pdw1

Watching Dr Who this evening with all the kids including youngest watching her first ever episode.
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

Richard_2112

October 07, 2018, 22:56:13 pm #1014 Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 23:05:59 pm by Richard_2112
Quote from: pdw1 on October 07, 2018, 22:46:50 pm
Watching Dr Who this evening with all the kids including youngest watching her first ever episode.

It was very different wasn't it?

She's definitely The Doctor, not 100% convinced by anything else though...
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind. Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines.

Bez

Quote from: zoony on October 06, 2018, 15:32:33 pm

Always a good sign that you're not far from Devon when you see "The old man of straw" 🙂.

;D

We always look out for him....we call him the "Wicker Man". He's surrounded by an industrial estate these days....

Did you ever see the concrete camels on the RHS, just a couple of miles further down the road. Sadly gone.
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Nick

Yes he was once outstanding in a field on his own. He's not in a good state either, needs some money spending..shame as it's a very iconic statue and willow is part of the Somerset levels history.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

zoony

Quote from: Bez on October 08, 2018, 10:27:04 am
;D

We always look out for him....we call him the "Wicker Man". He's surrounded by an industrial estate these days....

Did you ever see the concrete camels on the RHS, just a couple of miles further down the road. Sadly gone.

No mate, never noticed any camels.

Bez

Quote from: zoony on October 11, 2018, 01:21:28 am

No mate, never noticed any camels.

There was a giant T-Rex for a few years as well at one point...
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

zoony

Quote from: Bez on October 11, 2018, 08:19:53 am
There was a giant T-Rex for a few years as well at one point...

I must have been concentrating on the road intensely mate 😉.