Simple Pleasure of the Day - 80

Started by Chris Quartly, November 19, 2015, 19:49:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidL

Not sure I'm supposed to have three but.......another great vinyl night. Bowie's early art-pop classic, Hunky Dory and Pronounced..... by Skynyrd. Give them good ole boys some decibels and they'd put a smile on anyone's face!  :D

DavidL

Wetherspoon's Tim Martin managing to get leggy fox Emily Maitlis (prrrr) to say "bollocks" on Newsnight. Her skirt was so short tonight...you could almost catch a glimpse of hers.

döm

Roger Waters at the 3 arena in Dublin last night. Wow!! That man knows how to put on a show!
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

pdw1

Quote from: döm on June 27, 2018, 10:58:43 am
Roger Waters at the 3 arena in Dublin last night. Wow!! That man knows how to put on a show!
I am looking forward to Hyde Park in 10 days time :)
By the way I have to spare tickets for the Hyde Park gig if anyone is interested.  I'll take any reasonable offer.
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

döm

Quote from: pdw1 on June 27, 2018, 14:09:07 pm
I am looking forward to Hyde Park in 10 days time :)
By the way I have to spare tickets for the Hyde Park gig if anyone is interested.  I'll take any reasonable offer.

It was an amazing night. I wouldn't recommend it for any Donald Trump fans though  ;D
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Nick

Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

Bisto

Quote from: döm on June 27, 2018, 21:24:15 pm

It was an amazing night. I wouldn't recommend it for any Donald Trump fans though  ;D

I heartily concur on both counts.  8)

No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

Chris Quartly

Met up with Oz last night while he's in New York on business :)
Last.fm playlist of previous 7 days:<br /><br /><br />Q's Comps<br /><br />Some Other Suckers Parade

Slim

Brief interview with Wilko on Lard's 6 Music programme earlier. Brilliant anecdotes, and his opinion of the post-Wilko Feelgoods tune Milk and Alcohol.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0b94x75
1:14 in, available until mid August.
Also - a bloke throwing balls for what looked like a greyhound on the village green earlier. Never seen an animal move so fast!

Nick

Quote from: Slim on July 19, 2018, 23:12:39 pm
Also - a bloke throwing balls for what looked like a greyhound on the village green earlier. Never seen an animal move so fast!

Yes, i was once in a field with a greyhound and was also amazed at their speed,
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

zoony

Looking at pictures of the MP, Penny Mordaunt on Google. I've got a crush on her similar to the one I had on Ruth Kelly years ago 🙂.

Matt2112

Was at a shooting range today.  First time.  32% success rate, buzzing!  Absolutely brilliant fun. :)
The keys to happiness

Slim

Quote from: Matt2112 on July 21, 2018, 22:12:27 pm
Was at a shooting range today.  First time.  32% success rate, buzzing!  Absolutely brilliant fun. :)

What calibre?

DavidL

Put on some Nugent to celebrate  ;D

zoony

Glad I wasn't in the way of the other 68% then mate 😉.