Simple Pleasure of the Day - 80

Started by Chris Quartly, November 19, 2015, 19:49:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Slim

Quote from: döm on May 26, 2018, 00:35:08 am
Ireland seemingly deciding at last that it wants to be a modern society.

Some of them, yes.

Slim

Tommy Robinson being banged up and Labour heading to lose a million quid on their IdiotFest this summer. And the referendum result in Ireland. It's like Christmas Day!

pdw1

Quote from: döm on May 26, 2018, 00:35:08 am
Ireland seemingly deciding at last that it wants to be a modern society. Women will no longer have to travel to the UK or elsewhere when dealing with the traumatic situation of an unwanted pregnancy.
It is great news :) Ireland moves forward as England takes a step back into its shell.
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: pdw1 on May 26, 2018, 18:42:20 pm
It is great news :) Ireland moves forward as England takes a step back into its shell.

Why? What's England done?
Legend in my own Mind

Slim

Britain, not England is coming out of its shell, despite the best efforts of the little Europeans for wish our country to remain on its knees. Not going to happen.

döm

Quote from: Slim on May 26, 2018, 23:37:50 pm
Britain, not England is coming out of its shell, despite the best efforts of the little Europeans for wish our country to remain on its knees. Not going to happen.

The way Brexit is going the UK will end up on its belly
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

döm

Quote from: Slim on May 26, 2018, 16:40:22 pm
Some of them, yes.

For every 1 Vote to keep the status quo there were 2 votes for change.

Considerably more decisive than the Brexit vote!

Slim

More decisive, but on your own terms certainly not "Ireland". Or even the Republic.

Anyway I assume you'll be hoping for a second referendum in a couple of years, so that the voters can change their mind if they want to? We all know how important that is. And of course don't forget, it's only advisory.

zoony

Quote from: döm on May 27, 2018, 11:00:53 am

For every 1 Vote to keep the status quo there were 2 votes for change.

Considerably more decisive than the Brexit vote!

It doesn't matter how decisive the vote was, we voted OUT.

Nick

Quote from: zoony on May 27, 2018, 16:33:51 pm

It doesn't matter how decisive the vote was, we voted OUT.

You still on holiday in the Eurozone Zoony?  ;)
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

döm

Quote from: Slim on May 27, 2018, 14:10:37 pm
More decisive, but on your own terms certainly not "Ireland". Or even the Republic.

Anyway I assume you'll be hoping for a second referendum in a couple of years, so that the voters can change their mind if they want to? We all know how important that is. And of course don't forget, it's only advisory.

True about the advisory and knowing the poor state of Irish politics (matched by the UK) they will make an awful mess of legislation.

zoony

Quote from: Nick on May 27, 2018, 17:45:52 pm

You still on holiday in the Eurozone Zoony?  ;)

Yes mate, but doing what I want to do, and not being told what to do by a bunch of beaurocrats! 😉

Bez

Last night's electrical storm....freee fireworks and no rain...
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

pdw1

A busy weekend for the family though I have not seen much of them.
My daughter was in Swansea on Saturday for the BBC Biggest weekend and down the front for Ed Sheeran & Sam Smith (You can see her in the crowd on the telly if you closely). Then she bumped into Sam Smith at the Starbucks at the M4 services after the show.Meantime I have been driving my son to Luton every day for the East region swimming championships. He is put in some great swims against some very strong opposition. Very proud of him.
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

captainkurtz

Fantastic 3 day stint in London with wife and kids;  amazing weather, saw family, great food, stunning Rolling Stones gig.  Fantastic.
Anger is a gift.