Simple Pleasure of the Day - 80

Started by Chris Quartly, November 19, 2015, 19:49:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

captainkurtz and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

zoony

Wendy has had a text to say that her and Alicia's passports are on the way. Had to take her for an interview in Birmingham for it yesterday.

Matt2112

Pushing a lady's stuck Merc hatchback tonight to get her going again and hence becoming an ephemeral minor celebrity on my village's Facebook page.  ::)
The keys to happiness

Bisto

No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

Jonners

The new songs are an abomination

DavidL

Jonners

And it looks like Alex Skolnik of Testament has been charged as well!!!!
The new songs are an abomination

Nick

Thank god i thought it was Blackie Lawless
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

Matt2112

Out walking the dog tonight and the shocking weather and cloudy sky cleared for a few minutes just in time for me to witness an ISS flyover for the first time. :)
The keys to happiness

Nïckslïkk2112

Don't know if this is a simple pleasure or what really :-\

A few years back I did my family genealogy, but it all came to a grinding halt back in 2010 as I didn't have the time to go trawling through record offices. Then just before Christmas, I got an email from an old School friend, who was very worried because he'd been doing his family tree and comparing it to mine he was disturbed to find we possibly shared a common ancestor, making us 4th cousins. He thought that my family tree must be wrong as it had way too many people in it - I just used to have to much time on my hands - and wondered if I'd taken an Ancestry DNA test as he had, and he wanted to rule out being related to me.
Now, I hadn't had a DNA test as they are too pricy, but I'd had a better than expected Christmas bonus and Ancestry had money off their tests at the time so I did one.
I now have the results and we are related! This will piss him off mightily!!!!! The test says at 5th to 8th cousin level though, which is a bit more remote than thought, but even if I'm wrong on that line of descent, which is on my dad's side, I'm also descended from the same family on my mum's side from a generation further back.
I've just got to think of the best wording to tell him to upset him the most...

FWIW, my ancestry is:

68% Great Britain (Mainly East Mids - as I'd expect)
13% Scandinavian
10% Irish (mainly Connacht - as I'd expect)
5% Iberian
2% Southern Europe
1% Finland/NW Russia
1% Caucasus
Legend in my own Mind

Straight Shooter

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on February 04, 2018, 21:34:25 pm

I now have the results and we are related! This will piss him off mightily!!!!!
I've just got to think of the best wording to tell him to upset him the most...

We've got every faith in you!  ;)
"I mean...unbelievable, you're a walking encyclopaedia!" : Rick Wakeman - Planet Rock's 'Tune-Adversity Challenge' 2007.

zoony

Taking Maple out for a good run up the fields.

DavidL

The BoE warning that interest rates may have to rise sooner than expected because the economy is doing better than they'd predicted. Delightful.

Bez

Quote from: DavidL on February 08, 2018, 21:20:01 pm
The BoE warning that interest rates may have to rise sooner than expected because the economy is doing better than they'd predicted. Delightful.

They're potentially raising rates sooner than forecast to combat potential higher than expected inflation, which, when offset against low  wages growth means we'll all be worse off.

True happiness  :P
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

döm

You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

DavidL

February 09, 2018, 01:38:21 am #794 Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 01:40:57 am by DavidL
Quote from: Bez on February 09, 2018, 00:07:34 am
They're potentially raising rates sooner than forecast to combat potential higher than expected inflation, which, when offset against low  wages growth means we'll all be worse off.

True happiness  :P
I understand standard fiscal policy. Abnormally low interest rates is the sign of a broken economy. Good news that the economy is showing signs of recovery. Might help with huge levels of debt fuelled by 'free money' too.
And, of course, we know the main driver for low wage growth.