Simple Pleasure of the Day - 80

Started by Chris Quartly, November 19, 2015, 19:49:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bez

Quote from: Matt2112 on September 16, 2017, 22:16:03 pm
Day trip to that there London; The Shaymen lost at Dagenham, but I saw an old school friend who lives in Romford, and just getting all the ducks in a row to make the trip down is a happy achievement nowadays. :)

If the stars really had aligned I could have even hooked up with certain TNMSers who were out and about in the Smoke too, but I really did have a train to catch. Maybe next time - hope so, anyway. :)

Glad you had a good day, despite the defeat....a bit more notice required another time....its been a while
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

NeilP

Quote from: DavidL on August 01, 2017, 15:19:15 pm
We've been going there for the last seven or eight years (sometimes twice a year!). It's fair to say we love it. Corralejo is where we stay, nice selection of shops and restaurants and within easy reach of some nice beaches on the west of the island at El Cotillo. Obviously it can be windy (clue's in the name) but the breeze can be pleasantly cooling when it's hot. Great for families as it's not rowdy (like some Canarian resorts).
We're off there second week in September. Enjoy.

Never been but tempted to try there next month for a bit of sun before the bleak winter nights are upon us, just have to convince Mrs P it's worth the 4.5 hour flight.  Doesn't it translate as 'good fortune'  rather than wind?

döm

I think you're right Neil.  Viento is wind in Spanish
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

zoony

Getting a commendation sent through from her school about Alicia's artwork 😊.

colinbrown69

Off work now for 2 weeks,

Tenerife it  is then,

cheers, Colin
green man...................wembley 8th sep
prem lodge...................n.e.c 11th sept
moon under water.........m.e.n 12 sept
solid rock.....................s.e.c.c 14th sept

Suddenly - You were gone from all the lives you left your mark upon
I remember - How we talked and drank into the misty dawn
Ian

zoony

Quote from: colinbrown69 on September 26, 2017, 00:37:30 am
Off work now for 2 weeks,

Tenerife it  is then,

cheers, Colin

Have a good one mate. We're off to Fuerteventura next year.

Bez

Discovering a forgotten packet of Jaffa cakes in the cupboard....

zoony

Quote from: Bez on September 28, 2017, 16:10:48 pm
Discovering a forgotten packet of Jaffa cakes in the cupboard....

A mere Scooby snack for you then mate 😉.

Bez

Quote from: zoony on September 30, 2017, 08:52:46 am

A mere Scooby snack for you then mate 😉.

I made the most of them before they suffer from reduced numbers in a pack.... :D

captainkurtz

Receiving a £65.00 refund because of perceived and acknowledged sound errors on the new David Bowie Vinyl box set...Amazon have now stopped selling it and Parlaphone have suggested that it was due to deteriorating original tapes, which sounds like a convenient way of saying, 'we couldn't be arsed'

They may not pay their taxes, but their customer service is always excellent..
Anger is a gift.

DavidL

Quote from: captainkurtz on October 04, 2017, 08:28:56 am
Receiving a £65.00 refund because of perceived and acknowledged sound errors on the new David Bowie Vinyl box set...Amazon have now stopped selling it and Parlaphone have suggested that it was due to deteriorating original tapes, which sounds like a convenient way of saying, 'we couldn't be arsed'

They may not pay their taxes, but their customer service is always excellent..
I'm surprised you've had issues with this. The two Parlophone re-issues I bought (Ziggy, Hunky Dory) have ben good quality. They were probably cut from digital masters that were made a long time ago so the excuse is probably tosh.

captainkurtz

Quote from: DavidL on October 04, 2017, 15:54:09 pm
I'm surprised you've had issues with this. The two Parlophone re-issues I bought (Ziggy, Hunky Dory) have ben good quality. They were probably cut from digital masters that were made a long time ago so the excuse is probably tosh.

Have a look at Amazon and Hoffman forums...people are furious...I haven't had a really good listen, but to be honest, my ears are probably a lot less sensitive than some.  I've basically got the box set for half the cost that it was this time last week as I'd ordered it at a price around £25 less than the RRP.

Happy days.

Parlaphone's excuses are bullshit and Visconti doesn't come out smelling of rises either...
Anger is a gift.

captainkurtz

Just listened to Heroes...couldn't hear the volume drop....although I fell asleep briefly whilst listening to it...lol.
Anger is a gift.

captainkurtz

Fixed my mortgage for 5 years last Saturday and today I noticed the bank have substantially increased the % as well as doubling the product fee.  Nice.
Anger is a gift.

Nick

A walk along the South West Coastal path from Lynmouth through the Valley of the rocks. Clear blue sky, rust coloured ferns, really stunning cliff top walk, much quieter now all the tourist have gone as well.

http://www.holidayexmoor.co.uk/walks/ipod1.htm
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.