Simple Pleasure of the Day - 80

Started by Chris Quartly, November 19, 2015, 19:49:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidL

Quote from: zoony on September 01, 2017, 17:53:02 pm
My son Greg has completed his 4 year engineering apprenticeship at our place, and they have offered him a full time job today.
Great news! Well done him for pursuing a 'proper' career!  ;)

pdw1

My son Greg has completed his 4 year engineering apprenticeship at our place, and they have offered him a full time job today.

Congrats to both of you.
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

Straight Shooter

Nice one Rob, great news!

Doesn't seem that long ago you were saying he was starting at your place  :)
"I mean...unbelievable, you're a walking encyclopaedia!" : Rick Wakeman - Planet Rock's 'Tune-Adversity Challenge' 2007.

zoony

Quote from: Straight Shooter on September 02, 2017, 00:16:31 am
Nice one Rob, great news!

Doesn't seem that long ago you were saying he was starting at your place  :)

Yes mate, time flies as they say.

Analog RH

One of the bands on my label (The Wizards Of Delight) is going to be on the CD that comes with the October edition of Classic Rock magazine.  ;D

Nïckslïkk2112

Cycling Saddo that I am, I've just been out to see the Team Buses of Dimension Data, Lotto Soudal, Team Sky and errr Madison Genesis - the latter in an Enterprise Rental Van cf the other's battle Buses - as they were all stopping at a Hotel down the road from me :)
Legend in my own Mind

Nïckslïkk2112

A vineyard tour and tasting at what was once the World's most Northerly Vineyard - and getting it done before the rain :)
Legend in my own Mind

Nïckslïkk2112

Chesterfield's touching floral  tribute to Princess Di. No wonder the League of Gentlemen was filmed in Derbyshire. I've never left..
Legend in my own Mind

Bez

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on September 13, 2017, 00:17:50 am

Chesterfield's touching floral  tribute to Princess Di. No wonder the League of Gentlemen was filmed in Derbyshire. I've never left..

OMG!
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

The Letter R

Blimey!!!! - not sure if I should laugh or cry!!!!

The Letter R

The big kid in me is happy as I have FINALLY been able to order the Lego Saturn V kit from the the Lego site - it's been out of stock since launch with scabbers selling it on ebay and Amazon for £50 to £100 more than the retail price.

DavidL

Quote from: The Letter R on September 13, 2017, 17:18:06 pm
The big kid in me is happy as I have FINALLY been able to order the Lego Saturn V kit from the the Lego site - it's been out of stock since launch with scabbers selling it on ebay and Amazon for £50 to £100 more than the retail price.
I remember Lego when it was virtually impossible to make anything resembling a rocket... unless it was 1/8 scale  ;)

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: The Letter R on September 13, 2017, 09:08:50 am
Blimey!!!! - not sure if I should laugh or cry!!!!

There were lots of very similar comments on Chesterfield Borough Council's Facebook page :)
Surprised they left it up with some of them....
Legend in my own Mind

zoony

Got another new bog seat, and this one is nice and sturdy and doesn't move around 😁.

Matt2112

September 16, 2017, 22:16:03 pm #704 Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 22:18:46 pm by Matt2112
Day trip to that there London; The Shaymen lost at Dagenham, but I saw an old school friend who lives in Romford, and just getting all the ducks in a row to make the trip down is a happy achievement nowadays. :)

If the stars really had aligned I could have even hooked up with certain TNMSers who were out and about in the Smoke too, but I really did have a train to catch. Maybe next time - hope so, anyway. :)
The keys to happiness