Simple Pleasure of the Day - 80

Started by Chris Quartly, November 19, 2015, 19:49:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

captainkurtz

Quote from: DavidL on August 18, 2017, 17:51:31 pm
The feed-in tariff in the first couple of years was ridiculously high (up to 43.3p/kWh) but was then slashed. We got ours at 21p but it was then lowered to 16p (for new installations). Basically, the government screwed up. We get somewhere between £800 - £1K per year with the maximum sized system for domestic installations, 4kW. I would guess your system would be no larger than 4kW. I bet the lady you bought the house from was a bit miffed that she couldn't take the system with her - would have cost around £12 -£15K, I guess.
You did well   8)

I've just checked - we get 34.65pper kWh.   Thats pretty good, then.
:)
Anger is a gift.

Nïckslïkk2112

August 19, 2017, 15:24:59 pm #676 Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 15:28:05 pm by Nïckslïkk2112
Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on August 17, 2017, 19:16:55 pm
Finding out that Swiss trains really do run like clockwork. They run to the second.

I was wrong. One departed 10 seconds late yesterday >:(

Simple please of today is being free from shepherding Mrs S and the boy on rail travel through Europe. It was bloody hard work!
At least Mrs S kept going to the buffet car to keep me in wine :)
Legend in my own Mind

zoony

A smooth and quiet drive down to Devon with Wendy and Alicia for a well earned 4 night break.

zoony

Been on a 4 night break in Devon with Wendy and Alicia. Had a really nice time, but looking forward to going home tomorrow to see my boys and Maple.

zoony

Good to be home and back in our own bed, and take the dog out in the countryside 😊.

Ali

When you win 4-0 and the result completely flatters the opposition 😃
Rome-Wembley-Paris-Rome-Istanbul-Madrid

zoony

Just took Maple out up the fields, and they were alive with pheasants. She had a great time chasing and getting them up.

pdw1

Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

Nïckslïkk2112

Looks like the trip to Zurich wasn't a waste of time. The boy has got the contract to create downloadable content for the Farming Simulator game.
He's already spending money he hasn't got like there's no tomorrow...
Legend in my own Mind

Bez

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on August 30, 2017, 22:58:17 pm
Looks like the trip to Zurich wasn't a waste of time. The boy has got the contract to create downloadable content for the Farming Simulator game.
He's already spending money he hasn't got like there's no tomorrow...

you need to introduce the concept of rent...25% of take home has always been our starting point...
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: Bez on August 30, 2017, 23:29:33 pm
you need to introduce the concept of rent...25% of take home has always been our starting point...

It's a concept he seems unable to grasp...

Legend in my own Mind

Bez

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on August 31, 2017, 00:14:29 am
It's a concept he seems unable to grasp...

Leave a bag of clothes on the doorstep next time he goes out....harsh, but effective
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

DavidL

Quote from: Bez on August 31, 2017, 10:04:50 am
Leave a bag of clothes on the doorstep next time he goes out....harsh, but effective
;D

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: Bez on August 31, 2017, 10:04:50 am

Unfortunately he never goes out :(

Mrs S is waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too soft with too...
Legend in my own Mind

zoony

My son Greg has completed his 4 year engineering apprenticeship at our place, and they have offered him a full time job today.