Simple Pleasure of the Day - 80

Started by Chris Quartly, November 19, 2015, 19:49:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Letter R

Quote from: zoony on August 01, 2017, 14:09:52 pm
Just got back from booking mine, Wendy and Alicia's first holiday abroad. We're off to Fuerteventura next whitsun ☺.

Nice - we went there in February this year - stayed in La Oliva and had a hire car - did lots of great walks and toured around quite a lot, good roads and no traffic  - a lot of the Island is very barren - thought we were on Mars at one point!!!

zoony

Quote from: DavidL on August 01, 2017, 22:14:05 pm
If you're not fully inclusive, there are some good places in town to eat. El Toro Bravo on the Main Street is great for carnivores. Asia Garden is fantastic for oriental. Gregorios is just beyond 'music square' and great for fish and also do a blinding fillet steak. If you fancy an Indian, Faz's down by the harbour is good. There are loads of good places tbh.
Haven't seen a decent live bar band in years though unfortunately!

Cheers Dave.

zoony

Went for a few pints down our working men's club last night. They do a card with the numbers 1 to 90 on it, and you write your name next to a number for £1 a go, and when it's full up they draw a winner who gets £60 with the rest going to the club. Had a text this morning to say my number 81 had been drawn out 😊.

Nïckslïkk2112

Don't need to do any more Physio on my shoulder now, they've discharged me after today's session :)
Legend in my own Mind

zoony

Used my Taste card for the first time today and saved £26-10. As good as got my money back on it already then 😊.

Nïckslïkk2112

August 08, 2017, 21:36:06 pm #665 Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 21:37:44 pm by Nïckslïkk2112
Earlier on this year the boy got third prize in a competition to design a Tractor for the well known computer game of Farming Simulator. For finishing in the top three in the category his design has been considered for a in game add-on purchase.
Yesterday he got an e-mail saying that he and his design team had been invited to go to Zurich to give a presentation, all expenses paid.
Now he doesn't have a "design team" so they have kindly said they will pay for his parents to go with him.

Finally, after 19 years, he's been of some use :)
Legend in my own Mind

Bez

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on August 08, 2017, 21:36:06 pm
Earlier on this year the boy got third prize in a competition to design a Tractor for the well known computer game of Farming Simulator. For finishing in the top three in the category his design has been considered for a in game add-on purchase.
Yesterday he got an e-mail saying that he and his design team had been invited to go to Zurich to give a presentation, all expenses paid.
Now he doesn't have a "design team" so they have kindly said they will pay for his parents to go with him.

Finally, after 19 years, he's been of some use :)

you may have to talk to him..... ::)
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

pdw1

2 great weeks holiday in France including a week camping in the Alps.
All good things must come to an end but I will wallow in the after glow while I can before work tomorrow.
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

Nïckslïkk2112

Finding out that Swiss trains really do run like clockwork. They run to the second.
Legend in my own Mind

captainkurtz

Haven't submitted a meter read for the solar panels in 6 months before this morning.  I've got £1428.91 coming - god bless the sun!  8)
Anger is a gift.

DavidL

Quote from: captainkurtz on August 18, 2017, 10:23:20 am
Haven't submitted a meter read for the solar panels in 6 months before this morning.  I've got £1428.91 coming - god bless the sun!  8)
That sounds as if you got in early and got on the highest tariff(?)

Jonners

an email from the financial ombudsman

you beauty!
The new songs are an abomination

DavidL

Quote from: Jonners on August 18, 2017, 12:48:07 pm
an email from the financial ombudsman

you beauty!
Just this minute got off the phone to them. I have an issue with AXA PPP Healthcare that I have been unable to resolve with the company themselves (arseholes). I sent a complaint via email on the 7th August. Completed the Ombudsman's complaint form and attached it with all relevant information. Absolutely no sign of an acknowledgement whatsoever, 11 days later, so decided to call. Nice lady is now dealing.
Begs the question, how do you complain about the Ombudsman?? Financial Ombudsman Ombudsman Service?  ;D

captainkurtz

Quote from: DavidL on August 18, 2017, 11:57:55 am
That sounds as if you got in early and got on the highest tariff(?)

I got the same tariff as the lady we bought the house off back in December 2015.  Having 40 panels probably helps though... ;D
Anger is a gift.

DavidL

Quote from: captainkurtz on August 18, 2017, 16:07:20 pm
I got the same tariff as the lady we bought the house off back in December 2015.  Having 40 panels probably helps though... ;D
The feed-in tariff in the first couple of years was ridiculously high (up to 43.3p/kWh) but was then slashed. We got ours at 21p but it was then lowered to 16p (for new installations). Basically, the government screwed up. We get somewhere between £800 - £1K per year with the maximum sized system for domestic installations, 4kW. I would guess your system would be no larger than 4kW. I bet the lady you bought the house from was a bit miffed that she couldn't take the system with her - would have cost around £12 -£15K, I guess.
You did well   8)