Simple Pleasure of the Day - 80

Started by Chris Quartly, November 19, 2015, 19:49:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on July 29, 2017, 18:29:26 pm
. I was thinking about getting back on the bike, but the wheels still need putting back on and I'm not supposed to be putting too much strain on the left arm yet.

You need a Chopper then.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

Nïckslïkk2112

Legend in my own Mind

Matt2112

An actual proper Saturday night out on the lash!  With friends!  And loud music! And bants!

The last time was...who cares!!!*

* It's not my "shift" tomorrow morning, for a change. Hurrah!!!  :D 8)
The keys to happiness

Neph

This happened on Saturday but it's still a pleasure today.

I was on my way down to Sunderland and had made a post on Facebook about it. Hassan (Captain Kurtz) replied to my post, slating Sunderland mainly. Just before I got off the train I replied to Hassan. So, I was heading down the stairs to Newcastle Central metro and who was coming up the escalator? Yup, Newcastle's most handsome man. A magical and beautiful coincidence.
#herewego10inarow

captainkurtz

Quote from: Neph on July 31, 2017, 14:47:37 pm
This happened on Saturday but it's still a pleasure today.

I was on my way down to Sunderland and had made a post on Facebook about it. Hassan (Captain Kurtz) replied to my post, slating Sunderland mainly. Just before I got off the train I replied to Hassan. So, I was heading down the stairs to Newcastle Central metro and who was coming up the escalator? Yup, Newcastle's most handsome man. A magical and beautiful coincidence.

8)
Fates a beautiful thing.  So good to bump into you, fella, even if only briefly.   :)
Anger is a gift.

zoony

Just got back from booking mine, Wendy and Alicia's first holiday abroad. We're off to Fuerteventura next whitsun ☺.

Vapor Trailer

Remembering about good old TNMS and finding it still going strong!  8)

Will try to catch up what I've missed by looking at the most recent threads.

I wish I could live it all again.

zoony

Quote from: Vapor Trailer on August 01, 2017, 14:35:11 pm
Remembering about good old TNMS and finding it still going strong!  8)

Will try to catch up what I've missed by looking at the most recent threads.

How do old mate! I wouldn't say it's "going strong", just a few of us old dinosaurs still occasionally posting bollock on here 😁.

Vapor Trailer

Quote from: zoony on August 01, 2017, 14:43:37 pm

........... just a few of us old dinosaurs still occasionally posting bollocks on here 😁.

So no change then?  ::)
I wish I could live it all again.

DavidL

Quote from: zoony on August 01, 2017, 14:09:52 pm
Just got back from booking mine, Wendy and Alicia's first holiday abroad. We're off to Fuerteventura next whitsun ☺.
We've been going there for the last seven or eight years (sometimes twice a year!). It's fair to say we love it. Corralejo is where we stay, nice selection of shops and restaurants and within easy reach of some nice beaches on the west of the island at El Cotillo. Obviously it can be windy (clue's in the name) but the breeze can be pleasantly cooling when it's hot. Great for families as it's not rowdy (like some Canarian resorts).
We're off there second week in September. Enjoy.

Matt2112

August 01, 2017, 15:44:10 pm #655 Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 15:46:02 pm by Matt2112
Quote from: zoony on August 01, 2017, 14:09:52 pm

Always wanted to go there, supposed to be an excellent choice.  I believe there's strict limits on light pollution, so it attracts a lot of amateur astronomers as the night skies are reportedly spectacular.  :) 
The keys to happiness

zoony

Quote from: DavidL on August 01, 2017, 15:19:15 pm
We've been going there for the last seven or eight years (sometimes twice a year!). It's fair to say we love it. Corralejo is where we stay, nice selection of shops and restaurants and within easy reach of some nice beaches on the west of the island at El Cotillo. Obviously it can be windy (clue's in the name) but the breeze can be pleasantly cooling when it's hot. Great for families as it's not rowdy (like some Canarian resorts).
We're off there second week in September. Enjoy.

Cheers mate. Yes, Corallejo is where We're going, the Labranda hotel.

zoony

zoony

Quote from: Matt2112 on August 01, 2017, 15:44:10 pm

Always wanted to go there, supposed to be an excellent choice.  I believe there's strict limits on light pollution, so it attracts a lot of amateur astronomers as the night skies are reportedly spectacular.  :)

Looking forward to it mate, apart from the flying 😕.

DavidL

Quote from: zoony on August 01, 2017, 21:58:49 pm

Cheers mate. Yes, Corallejo is where We're going, the Labranda hotel.
If you're not fully inclusive, there are some good places in town to eat. El Toro Bravo on the Main Street is great for carnivores. Asia Garden is fantastic for oriental. Gregorios is just beyond 'music square' and great for fish and also do a blinding fillet steak. If you fancy an Indian, Faz's down by the harbour is good. There are loads of good places tbh.
Haven't seen a decent live bar band in years though unfortunately!