Simple Pleasure of the Day - 80

Started by Chris Quartly, November 19, 2015, 19:49:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bez

Quote from: Jonners on June 22, 2017, 10:31:15 am
Changing jobs!

Had enough of recruitment (17 years at same desk with same people doing the same thing!)

Going off to work for a small IT services business in Lichfield called Broken Stones as their first dedicated Business Dev/Sales person

Very excited. Needed a change, and this feels like a nice challenge

Blimey, quite a departure....especially for a technical Luddite such as yourself  ;)

Bon chance
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Jonners

I am trying to think what came before Luddite.......
The new songs are an abomination

Bez

Quote from: Jonners on June 26, 2017, 14:03:06 pm
I am trying to think what came before Luddite.......

The fecking stone age....

DavidL

Cheap Trick at O2 Forum. First time I've seen them, absolutely f****ing brilliant.

The Letter R

Quote from: DavidL on June 28, 2017, 02:51:47 am
Cheap Trick at O2 Forum. First time I've seen them, absolutely f****ing brilliant.

Good weren't they  8)  - never seen them before either.

zoony

Back on good terms with my younger son, Greg. We hadn't spoke for 6 months.

The Letter R

Quote from: zoony on June 28, 2017, 16:31:35 pm

Good news mate - life's too short......

zoony

Quote from: The Letter R on June 29, 2017, 09:06:15 am

Good news mate - life's too short......

Yes Keith, that's what someone told me last week which made me make the first move. He can be an annoying little shit at times, but he's doing really well at work, where he will be a fully qualified engineer in august.

Bez

Quote from: zoony on June 29, 2017, 20:20:32 pm

Yes Keith, that's what someone told me last week which made me make the first move. He can be an annoying little shit at times, but he's doing really well at work, where he will be a fully qualified engineer in august.

Good stuff Zooners, take a big man to make that first move sometimes...

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: zoony on June 28, 2017, 16:31:35 pm

Hah! I can beat that, I've not spoken to the boy for four years! Funny how history repeats. I've spoken to my dad more in the 18 months since my mum died than the previous 52 years.

I did say a mumbled "Well done" to him twice this week though as he won €1,000 for third place in a competition designing a Tractor for the Farming Simulator game.
He's also passed his driving theory test this week.
Now if the idle get had anything about him - bearing in mind that I'm an Accountant and his mother was an assistant Bank Manager - he'd put his winnings towards a car, or insurance, but no he has plans to waste it on stuff that he'll probably sell at a loss on ebay in a couple of months time...
Legend in my own Mind

zoony

Quote from: Bez on June 30, 2017, 08:55:06 am
Good stuff Zooners, take a big man to make that first move sometimes...

Cheers mate.

zoony

Maple has just come back from having a really good coat cut 😁.

Ali

'Their Mortal Remains' @ the V&A 👍
Rome-Wembley-Paris-Rome-Istanbul-Madrid

Nïckslïkk2112

Got the all clear on the fractured clavicle today :)
It's a bit bent and got a funny lump on it, but the quack says it's healed. Didn't even bother X-Raying it.
Managed to get the sick note extended to the end of the week, as I don't feel up to changing gear in the car yet.
Not that I'm really away from work as I've been able to do 95% of my job from home the last few weeks.
Legend in my own Mind

zoony

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on July 24, 2017, 22:51:40 pm
Got the all clear on the fractured clavicle today :)
It's a bit bent and got a funny lump on it, but the quack says it's healed. Didn't even bother X-Raying it.
Managed to get the sick note extended to the end of the week, as I don't feel up to changing gear in the car yet.
Not that I'm really away from work as I've been able to do 95% of my job from home the last few weeks.

I hope the boy has been waiting on you mate.