Simple Pleasure of the Day - 80

Started by Chris Quartly, November 19, 2015, 19:49:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

zoony

Quote from: Matt2112 on December 29, 2016, 21:15:18 pm

Nice one, Rob. :)  They soon "shrink" though, mate. ;)

Yes mate, I'm already getting used to it. Love the fact that I can get YouTube up on it as well and get some RUSH clips on. It soon gets Wendy out of the room  :P .

Nïckslïkk2112

Legend in my own Mind

The Letter R

Hearing that Future Publishing has bought Classic Rock,Metal Hammer Magazines, the websites and festival all owned by TeamRock - I may not be interested in them all but it's good news for Rock, am sure Future used to own CR a few years back.....

Straight Shooter

Quote from: The Letter R on January 09, 2017, 09:50:53 am
Hearing that Future Publishing has bought Classic Rock,Metal Hammer Magazines, the websites and festival all owned by TeamRock - I may not be interested in them all but it's good news for Rock, am sure Future used to own CR a few years back.....

They did indeed.
Probably bought it back on the cheap compared to what they sold it for!
"I mean...unbelievable, you're a walking encyclopaedia!" : Rick Wakeman - Planet Rock's 'Tune-Adversity Challenge' 2007.

The Letter R

January 09, 2017, 13:51:48 pm #544 Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 13:54:37 pm by The Letter R
Bought the whole lot for around £800k apparantly - that includes the TeamRock Radio licence too which isn't cheap. Appears they sold them for £10m...... :o

Link here :-

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/jan/08/heir-guitars-rock-and-metal-music-publisher-teamrock-saved

Nïckslïkk2112

And hadn't the Scottish Government put money into Team Rock, which they have now lost :)
Legend in my own Mind

Nïckslïkk2112

Welcoming 30+ migrants from Europe into  my garden :)
A flock of Waxwing flew into one of my trees, that's another new addition to my bird list.
Legend in my own Mind

Nick

Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

pdw1

Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

zoony

Nice morning out with the wife including a spot of lunch.

Matt2112

After seemingly endless putting of ducks in a row, finally being able to book a flight to Hamburg for a cousin's stag do in the Spring; never been to Germany before. :)
The keys to happiness

pdw1

Quote from: Matt2112 on January 31, 2017, 22:01:32 pm
After seemingly endless putting of ducks in a row, finally being able to book a flight to Hamburg for a cousin's stag do in the Spring; never been to Germany before. :)

Don't mention the war  ;)
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

Matt2112

The keys to happiness

Nïckslïkk2112

Just realised it's February - I'm a bit slow - that means dry January is over, I can get back to 13+% wines now! No more swilling 12.5% namby-pamby muck through the teeth :)
Legend in my own Mind

zoony

Off out for lunch with the wife later.