Simple Pleasure of the Day - 80

Started by Chris Quartly, November 19, 2015, 19:49:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

zoony

Nice early morning walk with Maple up the fields.

Nïckslïkk2112

26 years married today.

Ooooops, wrong thread...
Legend in my own Mind

DavidL

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on October 21, 2016, 00:24:25 am
26 years married today.

Ooooops, wrong thread...
;D  Congratulations (or commiserations  :) ;) )

Ten years for me (and she, obviously) - tomorrow  :)

pdw1

Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

DavidL

Bisto

Beer with a very funny, very Bearded man.  ;D
No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

pdw1

A day in Corby and you don't hear that often.

Watching my son swimming in a Gala at the 50m swimming pool there.
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

captainkurtz

Field Music gig last night.  £13.50 and possibly the gig of the year.  Just stupendously brilliant.
Anger is a gift.

DavidL

Nearly ran a small terrier over tonight that was wandering around town without its owner. No collar/dog tag  - it had obviously run away from home. Funny little Border terrier cross, barely more than a puppy. We drove 8 miles to the 24 hour vet where they used a chip reader to identify the owner.
Successfully returned to owner who was overjoyed. Turns out the kids may have left a gate open. Her (Julie) collar had not been put back on after a recent bath. Owner said she'd disappeared about three hours earlier, kids were distraught and wouldn't go to bed.
Gave us both a nice feeling to end the weekend on  :)

Straight Shooter

"I mean...unbelievable, you're a walking encyclopaedia!" : Rick Wakeman - Planet Rock's 'Tune-Adversity Challenge' 2007.

NeilP

Quote from: DavidL on October 24, 2016, 01:50:46 am
Nearly ran a small terrier over tonight that was wandering around town without its owner. No collar/dog tag  - it had obviously run away from home. Funny little Border terrier cross, barely more than a puppy. We drove 8 miles to the 24 hour vet where they used a chip reader to identify the owner.
Successfully returned to owner who was overjoyed. Turns out the kids may have left a gate open. Her (Julie) collar had not been put back on after a recent bath. Owner said she'd disappeared about three hours earlier, kids were distraught and wouldn't go to bed.
Gave us both a nice feeling to end the weekend on  :)

nice work indeed

döm

You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Nick

A visit to Glastonbury and a walk up the Tor.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

Nïckslïkk2112

Just been up to my Dad's to give him his 84th birthday present and come back with a load of 60s and 70s Beano Annuals, Blue Peter Books, four bottles of wine and a copy of Marillion's Garden Party 12" single :)
Legend in my own Mind

Matt2112

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on October 29, 2016, 14:10:58 pm
Just been up to my Dad's to give him his 84th birthday present and come back with a load of 60s and 70s Beano Annuals, Blue Peter Books, four bottles of wine and a copy of Marillion's Garden Party 12" single :)

Whose birthday was it again? :) ;)

Second time EVAH in eight months we got a baby-sitter tonight; went to a friends' dual Halloween/Housewarming party, was plied with free Kronenbourg and Stella all night, chatted about stuff around a warm, crackling chimnea and had more Stella handed to me and oh, did I mention I was actually out on a Saturday night on the lash??!

My oh my, how things change...  :o
The keys to happiness