Simple Pleasure of the Day - 80

Started by Chris Quartly, November 19, 2015, 19:49:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidL

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on September 27, 2016, 21:40:22 pm
Chemical works.
They were all electricians on the Chlor Alkali plant which was a massive source of electromagnetic radiation from the transformers used in the electrolytic production of Chlorine. Our leccy bills used to be up to £400,000 per month. All the tumours were the ones that mobile phone usage is alleged to cause.
Presumably the company will be pursuing the mobile phone risk aspect in order to mitigate its responsibility or have they already settled?

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: DavidL on September 27, 2016, 21:47:58 pm
Presumably the company will be pursuing the mobile phone risk aspect in order to mitigate its responsibility or have they already settled?

Nothing's come to court yet, it could all be one big coincidence. It could be down to the Mercury used on site, the Benzene refinery on site, chlorine gas, phosgene, asbestos, all sorts of lovely things. :)
It ended up being a French owned company too, could all be down to those foreign bastards >:(

I worked there 20 years and picked up industrial deafness - working in the Finance Department - never mentioned sticking my head in Motorhead's bass bins at my medicals ;)
Legend in my own Mind

zoony

3 new shirts arriving from the RUSH backstage club yesterday. Said 4 to 6 weeks for delivery,  but they were here in 12 days.

Matt2112

Quote from: zoony on October 04, 2016, 13:54:57 pm
3 new shirts arriving from the RUSH backstage club yesterday. Said 4 to 6 weeks for delivery,  but they were here in 12 days.

They are usually very quick.  My only gripe is that a t-shirt I ordered fairly recently was reduced from about $25.00 to $9.99 two days after dispatch. ::)  Just sheer bad luck, though.
The keys to happiness

Fishy

Quote from: Matt2112 on October 04, 2016, 15:13:42 pm
They are usually very quick.  My only gripe is that a t-shirt I ordered fairly recently was reduced from about $25.00 to $9.99 two days after dispatch. ::)  Just sheer bad luck, though.

yeah everybody's at it.. what is wrong with these people...
From the Land of Honest Men.

Jonners

The new songs are an abomination

zoony

Quote from: Matt2112 on October 04, 2016, 15:13:42 pm

I always wait til there is at least 3 different designs in my size before I order. £65 delivered for the ones I've just had, and they will be debuting at EUCON this weekend  :) .

zoony

Not long til I set off to EUCON to meet up with some great friends and have a blast to all things RUSH.

zoony

Quote from: zoony on October 07, 2016, 13:08:45 pm
Not long til I set off to EUCON to meet up with some great friends and have a blast to all things RUSH.

And now having a day off work recovering after a cracking weekend  :) .

pdw1

Found out tonight I have scored tickets for the final of the ICC Champions Trophy next year.
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

Bez

Quote from: pdw1 on October 10, 2016, 21:37:41 pm
Found out tonight I have scored tickets for the final of the ICC Champions Trophy next year.

Nice !
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Fishy

Put a gumtree ad on for an old iphone 5S..absolute deluge of replies within about half an hour...

Matt2112

Quote from: Fishy on October 11, 2016, 11:41:56 am
Put a gumtree ad on for an old iphone 5S..absolute deluge of replies within about half an hour...

From Galaxy Note 7 owners no doubt.  Nice timing, mate.  :)
The keys to happiness

Fishy

Quote from: Matt2112 on October 11, 2016, 12:43:31 pm
From Galaxy Note 7 owners no doubt.  Nice timing, mate.  :)

Hadn't thought of that actually.    :)

Jonners

Package it with a fire extinguisher, and you can ask what you like!
The new songs are an abomination