Simple Pleasure of the Day - 80

Started by Chris Quartly, November 19, 2015, 19:49:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Straight Shooter

"I mean...unbelievable, you're a walking encyclopaedia!" : Rick Wakeman - Planet Rock's 'Tune-Adversity Challenge' 2007.

zoony

Quote from: Bisto on September 21, 2016, 21:02:33 pm
Blimey! I see some things never change.  :o That's some overtime you're putting in there Zoony!

I don't like to turn it down while I'm still capable of doing it mate. I'm on the 4 on 4 off pattern now, so I'm probably doing less hours than when I was on 3 shifts, but as the shift allowance is higher, and I've had a promotion, I'm better off.

zoony

Quote from: zoony on September 21, 2016, 12:45:23 pm
Just worked 14 out of the last 15 days, but off now til the 30th.

I'm now going in on the 28th and 29th on OT. Oh well, I still get a week off, and those 2 shifts will more than pay for my EUCON weekend ☺.

zoony

A lovely morning walk down our local brooke with Alicia and Maple.

zoony

September 26, 2016, 16:01:00 pm #454 Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 11:39:44 am by zoony
Just looking at the members list on here, and saw it was my late mom's 70th birthday when I joined up. Made me think about some of the wonderful memories I have of her ☺.

pdw1

Quote from: zoony on September 26, 2016, 16:01:00 pm
Just looking at the members list on here, and saw it was my late mom's 7th birthday when I joined up. Made me think about some of the wonderful memories I have of her ☺.

:o
You joined when you were young  :P
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

Nïckslïkk2112

On the BBC's Inside Out] local documentary series tonight there was a feature on some blokes I knew from where I used to work.

They're all dead now of brain tumours...
Legend in my own Mind

zoony

Quote from: pdw1 on September 26, 2016, 19:00:47 pm
:o
You joined when you were young  :P

Lol. Changed to the correct birthday mate.

Jonners

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on September 27, 2016, 00:35:43 am
On the BBC's Inside Out] local documentary series tonight there was a feature on some blokes I knew from where I used to work.

Christ. Really?

Caused by what? Did you used to work in an Uranium mine?
The new songs are an abomination

Fishy

From the Land of Honest Men.

DavidL

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on September 27, 2016, 00:35:43 am

:o  Excessive mobile phone use??

Matt2112

The keys to happiness

The Letter R

Unless you're driving - then go hands free  ;)

zoony

Quote from: Fishy on September 27, 2016, 14:13:23 pm
pay day tomorrow..thank feck...

Are you having a laugh? I heard the bank asks you for a loan  ;).

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: Jonners on September 27, 2016, 11:49:43 am
Christ. Really?

Caused by what? Did you used to work in an Uranium mine?

Chemical works.
They were all electricians on the Chlor Alkali plant which was a massive source of electromagnetic radiation from the transformers used in the electrolytic production of Chlorine. Our leccy bills used to be up to £400,000 per month. All the tumours were the ones that mobile phone usage is alleged to cause.
Legend in my own Mind