Simple Pleasure of the Day - 80

Started by Chris Quartly, November 19, 2015, 19:49:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

döm

Quote from: Matt2112 on August 05, 2016, 13:42:49 pm
The Guardian has already failed, having left behind the pragmatic centrist left long ago, and its inexorable demise down a regressive, self-loathing black hole of its own making is its just deserts.

something was needed to act as a counterweight to the Telegraph and all the right wing tabloid nonsense currently published.  It still provides the finest journalism in the UK at the moment.  Nothing comes close.
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

döm

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on August 05, 2016, 13:42:35 pm
Ever read the Daily Mirror?What absolute bullshit. We're no different now to what we were, oh in the 80s let's say. Labour party i sin a very similar stateThat sayings bollocks too, would you rather we had a Golden Dawn like in Greece

Yes the eighties another fine time to be alive !  As to Golden Dawn, it's pretty much UKIP's brother - hardly a major force there anyway - less than 7% of the national vote

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: döm on August 05, 2016, 14:00:42 pm

Yes the eighties another fine time to be alive ! 

As Matt2112 would agree...

The UK is fecked no matter what, but at least in a post Brexit world it's all our own fault :)
Legend in my own Mind

döm

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on August 05, 2016, 14:26:50 pm

The UK is fecked no matter what, but at least in a post Brexit world it's all our own fault :)

you mean the EU can't be blamed for the UK's own failings any more.   I'm sure another scapegoat will be found !

Matt2112

Quote from: döm on August 05, 2016, 13:54:22 pm
something was needed to act as a counterweight to the Telegraph and all the right wing tabloid nonsense currently published.  It still provides the finest journalism in the UK at the moment.  Nothing comes close.

Damned with faint praise. :)   
The keys to happiness

Matt2112

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on August 05, 2016, 14:26:50 pm

Yes;  Power Windows, 90125, The Joshua Tree, Repeat Offender, Reckless...halcyon days indeed.  8)
The keys to happiness

Fishy

From the Land of Honest Men.

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: döm on August 05, 2016, 14:32:07 pm

you mean the EU can't be blamed for the UK's own failings any more.   I'm sure another scapegoat will be found !

We do have plenty of pathetic politicians of our own :)

And it we won't be ruined by an unelected cabal ruling by decree. As our unelected cabal cannot yet rule by decree.

Why are the remainers so blind to the gaping democratic void at the heart of the EU?

Post Brexit we'll have a trade deal with India before the EU does. Why? Because the French won't be involved, they always want to get preferential deals for their wines. They're currently having a hissy-fit in Southern France because - boo-hoo-hoo - the Spanish are making wines more cheaply than they can and the French are losing sales. What hope for trade deals when the French won't even accept free trade within Europe?

Legend in my own Mind

Nïckslïkk2112

It still provides the finest journalism in the UK at the moment.  Nothing comes close.

Your rubber room is ready Sir  ::) :P ;)
Legend in my own Mind

döm

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on August 05, 2016, 15:46:27 pm
Your rubber room is ready Sir  ::) :P ;)

if I was living in the UK I'd probably need one. Not that Ireland is much better

DavidL

Quote from: döm on August 05, 2016, 12:14:20 pm
So the UK economy is going into decline because of project fear.  Bit like being warned not to jump off a cliff, doing so anyway, then believing that the broken limbs etc were caused by the warnings.
An economic shock of some kind was inevitable due to uncertainty around trade deals etc. When the dust settles my money is on the economy doing well. The IMF forecast that the UK economy will grow faster than those of Germany and France next year (I know, take it with a pinch of salt...bullshitters). As soon as the Remoaners stop doing the country down the better.

DavidL

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on August 05, 2016, 15:44:33 pm

What hope for trade deals when the French won't even accept free trade within Europe?
By their shameful performance, intended to frustrate UK holidaymakers the other weekend, it seems they are not keen on free movement either. Let's hope their spiteful actions are rewarded by people deciding to spend their hard-earned at home rather than helping to keep their moribund economy afloat.

zoony

Back home safely after a nice 4 night break in Devon.

DavidL

You're in an elite group with that opinion  ;)

döm

Quote from: DavidL on August 05, 2016, 21:42:28 pm
You're in an elite group with that opinion  ;)

Can't argue with that!