Simple Pleasure of the Day - 80

Started by Chris Quartly, November 19, 2015, 19:49:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Quartly

What are you basing your opinion on? Not being weird, just genuinely curious.
Last.fm playlist of previous 7 days:<br /><br /><br />Q's Comps<br /><br />Some Other Suckers Parade

pdw1

Great acoustic gig from Anneke Van Geirsbergen tonight
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

Slim

Quote from: pdw1 on April 23, 2016, 09:20:52 am
The British Donald Trump.

That's frankly ridiculous; Boris is a very intelligent, reasonable and thoughtful politician who always makes his case with good humour, grace and eloquence. Trump is the American Corbyn - fuelled by resentment and spite, addressing complex problems with easy answers and appealing mostly to ignorant people of low intelligence who just want to blame someone else.

Jonners

One of the Weasley Twins (Oliver Phelps) is a member of my golf club. lovely feller, good golfer.

Anyway, he and I need to play a match in the next couple of weeks, and I have been struggling to get hold of him

So, in the end I Tweeted him. he tweeted back quickly, apologising as he has been travelling in NZ etc, and that we will get it organised etc etc

Anyway, I have woken up this morning, and I am now being followed by dozens and dozens of Harry Potter fans, mainly female, mainly deluded!!!!

Making me giggle a lot!

The new songs are an abomination

DavidL

Fishy

Cal mac ferries booked for mini island hopping in june
From the Land of Honest Men.

Fishy

From the Land of Honest Men.

zoony

Quote from: Chris Quartly on April 25, 2016, 06:18:17 am
What are you basing your opinion on? Not being weird, just genuinely curious.

Every time I turn on the news he's winning all these primaries. Are people suddenly going to start stopping to vote for him when the election comes around?

zoony

Our first day with our new puppy, Maple. Plenty of fun times ahead, but also hard work!

Matt2112

Quote from: zoony on April 28, 2016, 16:32:24 pm
Our first day with our new puppy, Maple. Plenty of fun times ahead, but also hard work!

Very much so Rob!  Of course, the more you put into the training though the easier and more rewarding it gets later. :)
The keys to happiness

Chris Quartly

Quote from: zoony on April 28, 2016, 16:30:11 pm
Every time I turn on the news he's winning all these primaries. Are people suddenly going to start stopping to vote for him when the election comes around?

He's winning the primaries, but that's very different from winning a general election. The US system works a little different from the UK. I wouldn't be entirely surprised if the republicans find a way to not nominate him still (though I think he will be their candidate ultimately).
Last.fm playlist of previous 7 days:<br /><br /><br />Q's Comps<br /><br />Some Other Suckers Parade

Jonners

Travelling tomorrow with the lads to Wasdale Head where we will be staying at the Wasdale Head Inn for a couple of nights, doing Scafell pike and a couple of other walks

The new songs are an abomination

zoony

Going with my eldest lad where he's bought a new car, and I haggled his monthly payments down to a very good deal for him.

Slim

Quite a few today .. Labour did well enough for Jihadi Jez to cling on, but not well enough to suggest that they could win an election. Those two situations wouldn't be compatible in a serious political party aspiring to government of course, but in the Labour Party, somehow they are.

Neil Hamilton elected to public service again.

The Conservative Party overhauling Labour in Scotland. The SNP losing their majority there.

Good times.

Matt2112

The LibDems net gained.  THEY'RE BACK!!!  :o ;D
The keys to happiness