Simple Pleasure of the Day - 80

Started by Chris Quartly, November 19, 2015, 19:49:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt2112

Quote from: BaldiePete on February 27, 2016, 13:37:55 pm
Congratulations to the three of you. I take it they forgot to give you the owner's handbook when you left the hospital  ::) They always seem to do that. ;)

We're still here - not holding my breath on that score!  Thanks mate. :)
The keys to happiness

Straight Shooter

Congratulations & Best Wishes to all on the new arrival  :)

Have you priced The Shaymen's babygrows yet?!  ;)
"I mean...unbelievable, you're a walking encyclopaedia!" : Rick Wakeman - Planet Rock's 'Tune-Adversity Challenge' 2007.

Matt2112

Quote from: Straight Shooter on February 27, 2016, 14:33:03 pm
Congratulations & Best Wishes to all on the new arrival  :)

Have you priced The Shaymen's babygrows yet?!  ;)

;D
The keys to happiness

Gman

As I indicated in another place, congratulations Matt. It's always great to bring wee lassies into the world ::)

The good news is that Dad's are generally superfluous for the first 3 months, except to be shouted at by Mum and any other significant females around.......but one of the best feelings is to get the wean in the pram and take her for a walk, genuinely a wonderful moment....especially if you head to the pub 8)

May I also say that one kid is a breeze, a doddle, a piece of proverbial piss.....two is a fecking nightmare ;D

Good luck, enjoy every moment, even the sleepless nights, it's part of a great journey.....honestly

Gman 

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: Gman on February 27, 2016, 22:32:53 pm

May I also say that one kid is a breeze, a doddle, a piece of proverbial piss.....two is a fecking nightmare ;D

No. One's a fecking nightmare, but I was once told by a bloke in Tesco  that having 8 kids is no different to having one...
Legend in my own Mind

JonL

Quote from: captainkurtz on February 26, 2016, 17:05:55 pm
I have to say both of my kids births were fecking horrendous.  My Daughter's (the second one) was eerily similar to that scene is Alien with John Hurt.

Isaac was a week late and showed no sign of coming out, he had to b pulled out. A trait he has stuck with for the next, nearly, 13 years.
Apparently Rachel was born in the waiting room, she seemingly couldn't wait, too impulsive. A trait she has stuck with for the next 7 years.
The lenses inside of me that paint the world black. The pools of poison, the scarlet mist, that spill over into rage.

captainkurtz

Daughter born on September 11th  ???
Due on December 27th   :o
Anger is a gift.

DavidL

Not being a father myselt I can only speculate at the joy (and trepidation!) you must be feeling. Wish you and the family all the best - congrats!

Gman

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on February 28, 2016, 00:25:22 am
No. One's a fecking nightmare, but I was once told by a bloke in Tesco  that having 8 kids is no different to having one...

That bloke in Tesco must like new Rush then 'cause he's talking bollox ;)

Gman

zoony

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on February 28, 2016, 00:25:22 am

Load of bollocks Simmers. You need 2 shopping trolley's when you've got at least 3 kids.

Matt2112

Quote from: Gman on February 27, 2016, 22:32:53 pm
As I indicated in another place, congratulations Matt. It's always great to bring wee lassies into the world ::)

The good news is that Dad's are generally superfluous for the first 3 months, except to be shouted at by Mum and any other significant females around.......but one of the best feelings is to get the wean in the pram and take her for a walk, genuinely a wonderful moment....especially if you head to the pub 8)

Good luck, enjoy every moment, even the sleepless nights, it's part of a great journey.....honestly

Gman

Sold, GMan.  Not that I have a choice now, mind.  ;D
The keys to happiness

Matt2112

Quote from: DavidL on February 28, 2016, 10:01:43 am
Not being a father myselt I can only speculate at the joy (and trepidation!) you must be feeling. Wish you and the family all the best - congrats!

Thanks mate - it's all finally caught up with this 40-something, somehow.  Up to recently I had no great desire to have children.  But here I am, and here she is.  And everything is instantly turned on its head and all the cliches are true!  And I don't mind one bit. 

Old me good, new me better. :)

The keys to happiness

Jonners

I love reading about stuff like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPM8OR6W6WE

So many applications for it
The new songs are an abomination

Matt2112

Cracking afternoon's walk with the pug over snowy hills.  Slipped on me arse twice. :)
The keys to happiness

pdw1

Just got tickets to see The Answer at a special gig at the 100 Club :)
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown