Simple Pleasure of the Day - 80

Started by Chris Quartly, November 19, 2015, 19:49:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidL and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

JonL

Quote from: Jonners on January 29, 2016, 10:54:49 am
Jesus Christ, this has just made me cry in the office. Im a bloody wreck at the moment:-

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/kiss-legend-gene-simmons-grants-critically-ill-teens-final-wish/

The cartoon image is just one side of him.

Henry Rollins told a similar story a few years back. Lots of this stuff goes unpublicised. I suppose if they do publicise it, they get accused of being in it for themselves. If they don't say anything, people think they do nothing for anyone, a bit like sportsmen,
The lenses inside of me that paint the world black. The pools of poison, the scarlet mist, that spill over into rage.

zoony

Having Alicia back home, and she's facing up remarkably positive about her diabetes.

Matt2112

Quote from: zoony on February 16, 2016, 20:07:39 pm
Having Alicia back home, and she's facing up remarkably positive about her diabetes.

Good to hear, Rob.
The keys to happiness

Fishy

No annual leave carry forward being allowed again this year so i 've got me  a few long weekends lined up to use them all up before the end of March...  grins.. smiles...
From the Land of Honest Men.

zoony

zoony

Me and Wendy along with 3 of her brothers and sisters and their partners bought the late in-laws council house 15 years ago. We put it up for sale after Wendy lost her mom towards the back end of last year. We had our first offer for it yesterday, and managed to squeeze it up to a grand over the figure we'd hoped for. Everything will start going through on Monday then  :).

Fishy

Off to the Auchrannie in Arran for a couple of days tomorrow so not back to work til next monday..  grins..smiles...
From the Land of Honest Men.

NeilP

Quote from: Fishy on February 23, 2016, 15:05:42 pm
Off to the Auchrannie in Arran for a couple of days tomorrow so not back to work til next monday..  grins..smiles...

was in Arran a couple of weeks back, really nice scenery, good food .... tho I'll remember the car problem I endured the most I imagine... have fun!

Jonners

The new songs are an abomination

Bez

RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

NeilP

Paul Sheehan

Still grinning and ears buzzing from my debut Cult gig last night at the Colston Hall Bristol.
Ian Astbury is nuts, fantastic frontman. The ghost of Jim Morrison lives on.
"Yes, actually my Dad's name was Billy Sheehan"

Matt2112

February 26, 2016, 16:51:52 pm #192 Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 16:53:47 pm by Matt2112
Quote from: Bez on February 25, 2016, 22:45:14 pm
News from Halifax x

Thank you Bez and Mr P, very kind.  :)

I assume you're referring to me, nothing else worth celebrating goes on round here...  ::) ;)

But yes, all is well, the whirlwind of parenthood has begun in earnest!  It's difficult to describe isn't it?  A most strange, surreal, challenging but incredible experience from the outset. 

Those first moments though; mere words can never do justice to them...  :o :)
The keys to happiness

Jonners

Quote from: Matt2112 on February 26, 2016, 16:51:52 pm
Thank you Bez and Mr P, very kind.  :)

I assume you're referring to me, nothing else worth celebrating goes on round here...  ::) ;)

But yes, all is well, the whirlwind of parenthood has begun in earnest!  It's difficult to describe isn't it?  A most strange, surreal, challenging but incredible experience from the outset. 

Those first moments though; mere words can never do justice to them...  :o :)

Congratulations!

Those first few seconds, assuming you can get past the scenes reminiscent of Hellraiser, are a miracle. When I was passed Jessica (my oldest) to hold, it was genuinely the first time in my life I had ever held a baby. Very, very humbling.

Hope all goes well, exposure to Power Windows from day 1 has done my two no harm whatsoever. Every other piece of advice is moribund
The new songs are an abomination

captainkurtz

I have to say both of my kids births were fecking horrendous.  My Daughter's (the second one) was eerily similar to that scene is Alien with John Hurt.

Glad yours was better!  Babies are ace and the birth of a baby is a very very special thing indeed.

x
Anger is a gift.