Simple Pleasure of the Day - 80

Started by Chris Quartly, November 19, 2015, 19:49:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

captainkurtz

He's a good guy, I wouldn't take him at face value.  Did you catch the rock school thing he did with the young kids - he was gentle and loving and supportive. 
Anger is a gift.

DavidL

Quote from: captainkurtz on January 29, 2016, 13:59:48 pm
He's a good guy, I wouldn't take him at face value.  Did you catch the rock school thing he did with the young kids - he was gentle and loving and supportive.
Yeah, the best bit though was when one of the kids asked him whether his hair was real  ;D

Jonners

Actually for last Friday, but I went to a Gin Masterclass at our local beer shop

What a fantastic evening. £15, you basically get 7 gin drinks, then can stay for more.

Tried lots of different types, different tonics, some neat, learned how to make the perfect G&T (don't use the flesh of the lemon, just a thin bit of peel)

The new songs are an abomination

NeilP

lemon twist that's called, same for all cocktails I think?

zoony

Quote from: Jonners on February 08, 2016, 10:57:37 am
Actually for last Friday, but I went to a Gin Masterclass at our local beer shop

What a fantastic evening. £15, you basically get 7 gin drinks, then can stay for more.

Tried lots of different types, different tonics, some neat, learned how to make the perfect G&T (don't use the flesh of the lemon, just a thin bit of peel)

Give me a good pint or 6 of ale any day of the week mate  ;).

Nïckslïkk2112

Good Dave Stewart was on TOTP '81 tonight :)

Albeit doing a Numanesque   version of What Becomes of the Broken Hearted with Colin Blunstone. Dude, where's the Fuzz Organ?
Legend in my own Mind

Matt2112

Caught you enjoying the 80s, yet again.  :P ;D
The keys to happiness

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: Matt2112 on February 12, 2016, 00:08:22 am
Caught you enjoying the 80s, yet again.  :P ;D

I had some good times in the 80s. I had better times in the 70s :)
Legend in my own Mind

döm

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on February 11, 2016, 22:50:06 pm
Good Dave Stewart was on TOTP '81 tonight :)

Albeit doing a Numanesque   version of What Becomes of the Broken Hearted with Colin Blunstone. Dude, where's the Fuzz Organ?

I remember that !  When the charts and TOTP were really relevant to me.  I've been recording these episodes from '81 , can't wait to catch that one, pop was good back then!
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Jonners

döm

You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Richard_2112

Had an absolutely mental night last night! Saw Slipknot at Leeds arena and it was by far the most intense concert experience I've ever had (in a good way) and afterwards I got to know a rather attractive young lady (in a very good way)
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind. Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines.

zoony

Wendy phoned earlier, and I should be able to go and pick her and Alicia up from hospital this afternoon after the main doctor has been around.

Jonners

Quote from: Richard_2112 on February 14, 2016, 15:21:34 pm
Had an absolutely mental night last night! Saw Slipknot at Leeds arena and it was by far the most intense concert experience I've ever had (in a good way) and afterwards I got to know a rather attractive young lady (in a very good way)

Last time I saw Slipknot, at the NIA in Brum, I left with one song to go, and while walking around the outside of the venue was asked by a couple of dad's "was I there to pick up my kids too?"

At that point, I decided Slipknot were off the menu from now on

captainkurtz

Kanye asking Mark Zuckerberg for a billion dollars.

You couldn't make this shit up.   ;D
Anger is a gift.