Simple Pleasure of the Day - 80

Started by Chris Quartly, November 19, 2015, 19:49:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

döm

Quote from: Slim on June 16, 2018, 23:42:16 pm
Jezfest. For the few, apparently. Not the many.

I'm no fan of Corbyn (especially since his pathetic stance on Brexit) but I think there's a bit of media manipulation going on there. Seen plenty of photos with very large crowds in it.
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Slim

Could you share one? And what's a large crowd for a festival?

Brexit is probably the one thing I can't fault him for, at least he's not trying to kick the voters in the teeth.

Straight Shooter

This year's Father's Day card message from my partner's daughter :

" Most stepdads are w@nkers... but you're actually alright! "   ;D

£30 worth of Amazon giftcards says I can't be too bad...
"I mean...unbelievable, you're a walking encyclopaedia!" : Rick Wakeman - Planet Rock's 'Tune-Adversity Challenge' 2007.

captainkurtz

Quote from: Straight Shooter on June 17, 2018, 21:00:41 pm
This year's Father's Day card message from my partner's daughter :

" Most stepdads are w@nkers... but you're actually alright! "   ;D

£30 worth of Amazon giftcards says I can't be too bad...

;D

You are alright.  Really nice to catch up on Friday.
Anger is a gift.

pdw1

A nice family weekend after a difficult last 2 weeks.
And my eldest has finished her GCSEs :)
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

Straight Shooter

Quote from: captainkurtz on June 17, 2018, 21:05:12 pm
;D

You are alright.  Really nice to catch up on Friday.

Was good to see you and a great show too!

Safe travels this week and enjoy!
"I mean...unbelievable, you're a walking encyclopaedia!" : Rick Wakeman - Planet Rock's 'Tune-Adversity Challenge' 2007.

döm

June 18, 2018, 10:48:27 am #906 Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 10:51:06 am by döm
Quote from: Slim on June 17, 2018, 19:38:25 pm
Could you share one? And what's a large crowd for a festival?

Brexit is probably the one thing I can't fault him for, at least he's not trying to kick the voters in the teeth.

I found it quite interesting that it was a lot easier to find pictures of a relatively empty field which seem to have been taken before the event got going than the ones above.

Didn't quite match the predominant right wing narrative I suppose

Slim

That's a crowd of roughly 2,500 people; pathetic for a festival and confirming the predominant narrative that BackwardExtremistFest was a pitiful failure. It's not for nothing that they literally couldn't give the tickets away.

döm

Quote from: Slim on June 18, 2018, 13:12:20 pm
That's a crowd of roughly 2,500 people; pathetic for a festival and confirming the predominant narrative that BackwardExtremistFest was a pitiful failure. It's not for nothing that they literally couldn't give the tickets away.

I heard 13,000.  I suppose political events are not as popular as a major rock act coming to town. I'd like to see the kind of audience May, Gove and Rees Mog could attract. Johnson would probably headline for his renowned comedy act.

DavidL

Quote from: Slim on June 18, 2018, 13:12:20 pm
Unsurprisingly, the CWU failed in their desperate attempt to offload free tickets onto me to swell the numbers  ;D

pdw1

Quote from: DavidL on June 18, 2018, 14:28:14 pm
Unsurprisingly, the CWU failed in their desperate attempt to offload free tickets onto me to swell the numbers  ;D
Should have gone and heckled
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

Richard_2112

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind. Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines.

DavidL

The irony of a carbon dioxide shortage

DavidL

The thought of Alex no longer having to catch "the train to Bangkok"

Matt2112

Quote from: DavidL on June 20, 2018, 17:35:14 pm
The thought of Alex no longer having to catch "the train to Bangkok"

Think he's had it legally prescribed for a while?  Way ahead of us on this one is Trudeau.  Just needs to sort out his inane employment gender quota policy.
The keys to happiness