Simple Pleasure of the Day - 80

Started by Chris Quartly, November 19, 2015, 19:49:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: döm on November 08, 2017, 17:19:51 pm
Watching the slow but sure implosion of a Tory Government.  Only worry is the nutters in the background who may take over should May leave. Rees Mogg, Johnson, Gove - take your pick !

Mogg for me, dresses very smartly and speaks nicely as well :)
Gotta be some relation to Phil too...
Legend in my own Mind

Matt2112

Quote from: döm on November 08, 2017, 17:19:51 pm
Watching the slow but sure implosion of a Tory Government.  Only worry is the nutters in the background who may take over should May leave. Rees Mogg, Johnson, Gove - take your pick !

I'd take those over the current Labour Cabinet any day of the week.

Well, maybe not Gove, but the point still stands.

At least the Tories demote their politicians for ineptitude; Labour does it to the few in their number that talk any sense.
The keys to happiness

döm

Quote from: Matt2112 on November 09, 2017, 23:34:35 pm

I'd take those over the current Labour Cabinet any day of the week.

Well, maybe not Gove, but the point still stands.

At least the Tories demote their politicians for ineptitude; Labour does it to the few in their number that talk any sense.

Yes British politics is in a sorry state of affairs at the moment. And Brexiteers want this shocking bunch to be in complete control of the UK?
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Bisto

Quote from: döm on November 10, 2017, 09:32:14 am

Yes British politics is in a sorry state of affairs at the moment. And Brexiteers want this shocking bunch to be in complete control of the UK?

Quite!
No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: döm on November 10, 2017, 09:32:14 am

No. But we can only vote for what's put in front of us.
Unfortunately, it's better to be able to vote directly for who's in charge of you, than vote for a bunch of MEPs who can only vote to rubber-stamp what is put before them.

And today's Sex Pest Politicians are nowhere near the standard of good old Lloyd George.
Legend in my own Mind

DavidL

Climbed The Old Man of Coniston with the wife and our spaniel. The dog tried her new 'walking' boots and very successful they were too. She outpaced the both of us. 10 miles covered, 2664ft climbed and descended in just under 5 hrs.
Weather was great but a bit windy at the summit. Clear enough to see the Isle of Man. A great day completed with a crackin' roast dinner at The Crown in Coniston.

Bisto

That's pretty good going....did that walk a few times but doubt the knees would get me up there now...nothing much better than a mountain walk (and views) and a couple of pints and a hearty meal
No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

DavidL

Quote from: Bisto on November 18, 2017, 00:08:15 am
That's pretty good going....did that walk a few times but doubt the knees would get me up there now...nothing much better than a mountain walk (and views) and a couple of pints and a hearty meal
We hope to conquer Helvellyn next but it will have to wait till the spring

Bez

Quote from: DavidL on November 18, 2017, 10:52:11 am
We hope to conquer Helvellyn next but it will have to wait till the spring

Love the walk up "Striding Edge"....its been waaaaay too long
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Nïckslïkk2112

Taking Mrs S to see Opeth and managing to get the centre of the front barrier so we could see right up Akerfeldt's nostrils :)
Got one of Fat Freddie's Guitar picks too.
Legend in my own Mind

Blastzone

Great meet up in Linlithgow last Saturday .Baldie Pete ,Dix,Gman,Muppet ,myself and a couple of other cracking chappies . Plenty alcohol ,Scotland gubbing the Aussies at rugby,great curry and a few more drinks to finish . Always special days with plenty of abuse and banter thrown in .
Mon the Jambos

pdw1

It is snowing - properly snowing
We haven't had snow in Cambridge in about 5 years.

Kids very excited especially the 8 year old who has no memory of it snowing.
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

Nïckslïkk2112

Might nor have got much snow, but there's been plenty of birdlife to see:

A couple of Buzzard being mobbed by Crows
A Sparrowhawk being chased off by a Wood Pigeon
A Robin eating out of Mrs S's hand (Little did it know it was just eczema flakes...)
A Goldcrest
And a posse of Long Tailed Tits
Legend in my own Mind

Reg

Thanks to Tom Sawyer on the 'Ready Player One' trailer, I'm having an 80'so Rush session at the mo. Moving Pictures, Permanent Waves and currently Power Windows .

<contented sigh>
Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light<br />Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life<br />All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside<br />When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide

Bez

Doing my Christmas wine order  :)

Rioja, Malbec, Sancerre all on the menu...
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%