Simple Pleasure of the Day - 80

Started by Chris Quartly, November 19, 2015, 19:49:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: Matt2112 on May 01, 2017, 13:47:51 pm
My devastatingly fine figure of a blur appearing on the coverage of a downhill bit of yesterday's Tour de Yorkshire stage.

Top Tip: For the best chance of appearing in recognisable form in highlights of a cycling race, position yourself near the top of a King of the Mountains :)

Worked for me yesterday and in two tours of Britain.
Legend in my own Mind

Matt2112

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on May 01, 2017, 14:59:19 pm
Top Tip: For the best chance of appearing in recognisable form in highlights of a cycling race, position yourself near the top of a King of the Mountains

Worked for me yesterday and in two tours of Britain.

I'd have made the very short (but very steep) journey up the nearby Cote De Shibden but was gigging shortly after the bikes had passed; had to make do with seeing them on the main road through Northowram village before I had to dash off for a soundcheck - anyway, nice of them to grace our annual May Day Scarecrow Festival! :-)
The keys to happiness

Jonners

Devin Townsend just liked a Tweet of mine.

I am complete
The new songs are an abomination

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: Jonners on May 05, 2017, 15:36:21 pm

What a shallow, empty life you must lead... ;)

NOBODY has ever liked a tweet of mine - because I don't! I have my own form of full life...
Legend in my own Mind

pdw1

My new Ian McNabb CD arrived today
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

NeilP

Quote from: Jonners on May 05, 2017, 15:36:21 pm

I am complete

hope it wasn't the one about the cycle crash mate?

Richard_2112

May 06, 2017, 14:52:52 pm #591 Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 15:37:25 pm by Richard_2112
Playing Bradford Dragon Boat Open Air Festival today in front of a couple if thousand people
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind. Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines.

Nïckslïkk2112

For the past three years, we've had a nest of Honeybees up in our eaves. A nice thing to have.
Now, we have two nests of different Bumblebee species too. Obviously my creation of a wildlife garden (stop doing any gardening and let it run wild) has been a great success :) Hoorah for Bees!
Legend in my own Mind

Nick

I also discovered a bees nest in a disused compost bin in the corner of our garden, im expecting honey.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: Nick on May 22, 2017, 19:32:01 pm
I also discovered a bees nest in a disused compost bin in the corner of our garden, im expecting honey.

If it's bumblebees, they only store small quantities of nectar.
I reckon if I lifted the loft insulation and furtled about a bit I'd find honey - and a badly stung arm.

Legend in my own Mind

pdw1

My tickets for the cricket Champions Trophy final arrived today.
Lets hope the sun shines.

The Letter R

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on May 23, 2017, 16:02:55 pm
If it's bumblebees, they only store small quantities of nectar.
I reckon if I lifted the loft insulation and furtled about a bit I'd find honey - and a badly stung arm.

One word of warning - if it get's too hot in your loft the honey and wax may start to melt and cause damage to your ceiling / house. We used to keep bees a few years back and during our training course saw similar damage where bees had made a home in a chimney stack and the honey leaked through the walls. Make sure there is enough air-flow to stop them overheating or as a last resort contact your local beekeeping society who will happily re-house them.
Having said that - enjoy them - I still have my bee suit so I may be up at the end of July to harvest  :D

Neph

My daughter graduating with a 2:1 in Psychology from Heriot Watt University.
#herewego10inarow

pdw1

Quote from: Neph on May 26, 2017, 00:04:12 am

Congratulations... especially to your daughter

NeilP

Quote from: Neph on May 26, 2017, 00:04:12 am

terrific news, well done to her!