Simple Pleasure of the Day - 80

Started by Chris Quartly, November 19, 2015, 19:49:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt2112

And thanks to you fine gents.  :)

A C-section was required in our case so we were spared seeing what goes on there, other than being shown a blood-spattered child immediately afterward!  But you kind of see past all the "grue".   

Quote from: Jonners on February 26, 2016, 17:02:29 pmHope all goes well, exposure to Power Windows from day 1 has done my two no harm whatsoever. Every other piece of advice is moribund

Absolutely no doubt about that!  ;D
The keys to happiness

döm

Quote from: Matt2112 on February 26, 2016, 16:51:52 pm
Thank you Bez and Mr P, very kind.  :)

I assume you're referring to me, nothing else worth celebrating goes on round here...  ::) ;)

But yes, all is well, the whirlwind of parenthood has begun in earnest!  It's difficult to describe isn't it?  A most strange, surreal, challenging but incredible experience from the outset. 

Those first moments though; mere words can never do justice to them...  :o :)

Congrats Matt - that's great news !
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

pdw1

I assume you're referring to me, nothing else worth celebrating goes on round here...  ::) ;)

But yes, all is well, the whirlwind of parenthood has begun in earnest!  It's difficult to describe isn't it?  A most strange, surreal, challenging but incredible experience from the outset. 

Congrats to all 3 of you.  Parenthood changes everything is hard work and every second is special.

I am glad you were there. I missed the birth of my third as the mid wife sent me home saying nothing would happen over night  ::)
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

Matt2112

Quote from: pdw1 on February 26, 2016, 19:15:08 pm
Congrats to all 3 of you.  Parenthood changes everything is hard work and every second is special.

I am glad you were there. I missed the birth of my third as the mid wife sent me home saying nothing would happen over night  ::)

Ah, bugger!  :-\

Thank you, Patrick. :)
The keys to happiness

Nïckslïkk2112

Far be it from me to put a downer on things, but after those first moments things just keep getting worse and worse...  :-X
Legend in my own Mind

Nick

Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

Bez

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on February 26, 2016, 20:50:53 pm
Far be it from me to put a downer on things, but after those first moments things just keep getting worse and worse...  :-X

Don't believe  a word.....it only gets worse for the first 20 years.....mine (31, 28 & 26) are now officially a pleasure - for the most part....
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Summerland

+1
congrats to Matt, E n E

Unlike our resident experts, I have no babies to compare with yours :-)
-.-- -.-- --..

Nïckslïkk2112

February 26, 2016, 22:41:11 pm #203 Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 22:43:38 pm by Nïckslïkk2112
Quote from: Bez on February 26, 2016, 21:06:43 pm
Don't believe  a word.....it only gets worse for the first 20 years.....mine (31, 28 & 26) are now officially a pleasure - for the most part....

So, I've got another 2 and a half years to go then...

I think it took me over 50 years to provide any pleasure for my old father...

Quote from: Matt2112 on February 26, 2016, 17:24:29 pm
A C-section was required in our case so we were spared seeing what goes on there, other than being shown a blood-spattered child immediately afterward!  But you kind of see past all the "grue".   

The boy Sims was a C-section delivery, I sometimes wish we'd kept the "Purple Pizza" which followed him out.

Best of luck to you though Matt, I'm sure not all families are like mine  ;)

Legend in my own Mind

Matt2112

Thank you all, you have me feeling humbled. :)

And scared and helpless. ;)

Genuinely encountered a classic watershed moment this evening: er, that's all you need to know actually...  :o ;D
The keys to happiness

pdw1

Quote from: Matt2112 on February 26, 2016, 23:15:15 pm
Thank you all, you have me feeling humbled. :)

And scared and helpless. ;)

Genuinely encountered a classic watershed moment this evening: er, that's all you need to know actually...  :o ;D

Did involve failing to change nappies?  :-X
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

Matt2112

Quote from: pdw1 on February 26, 2016, 23:18:54 pm
Did involve failing to change nappies?  :-X

Not quite; just a mid-change "incident" that was badly/perfectly timed...  ;D
The keys to happiness

zoony

I can only echo what I said in my text and FB post mate. Massive congratulations to you and your new family  :).

Matt2112

Quote from: zoony on February 27, 2016, 03:43:34 am
I can only echo what I said in my text and FB post mate. Massive congratulations to you and your new family  :).

Cheers Rob, very kind. :)  We've been pretty gob-smacked and overwhelmed by all the good wishes these past few days.  Humbling.
The keys to happiness

BaldiePete

Congratulations to the three of you. I take it they forgot to give you the owner's handbook when you left the hospital  ::) They always seem to do that. ;)