Simple Pleasure of the Day - 80

Started by Chris Quartly, November 19, 2015, 19:49:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

captainkurtz

Flights to Prague to see RATM cancelled.  Hello, refund!
Anger is a gift.

Ricky4001

My nephew set a lap record for Formula Renault at Monza qualifying as polesitter for the 1st race of the season today.  He is P5 for Race2 on Saturday.
Wembley 1988
Birmingham 1992 x2
Birmingham 2004
Manchester 2007
Dublin 2011 yay!
Birmingham 2013

pdw1

Quote from: Ricky4001 on July 10, 2020, 12:35:59 pmMy nephew set a lap record for Formula Renault at Monza qualifying as polesitter for the 1st race of the season today.  He is P5 for Race2 on Saturday.
Good luck to him in the race
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

Ricky4001

Quote from: pdw1 on July 10, 2020, 19:36:53 pmGood luck to him in the race
He finished 2nd but was top rookie and got the fastest lap. Unfortunately lost the lead to the winner after the 2nd safety car restart. Race 2 starting in 7 minutes.
Wembley 1988
Birmingham 1992 x2
Birmingham 2004
Manchester 2007
Dublin 2011 yay!
Birmingham 2013

Slim

Looks like the public aren't buying what Captain Hindsight and his tame media outlets are trying to sell them:

Lies run sprints, but the truth runs marathons.

Matt2112

Interesting that the bookies have Starmer at 13/8 favourite for next Prime Minister, followed by Dishy Rishi at 4/1.

Of course, that's merely a reflection of the betting market rather than actual probabilities.
The keys to happiness

pdw1

Quote from: Ricky4001 on July 11, 2020, 09:39:06 amHe finished 2nd but was top rookie and got the fastest lap. Unfortunately lost the lead to the winner after the 2nd safety car restart. Race 2 starting in 7 minutes.
Sounds good. How did he do in the 2nd race?
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

Reg

Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light<br />Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life<br />All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside<br />When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide

captainkurtz

Jet2 giving me a full refund for flights to Alicante next month - they'd cancelled original flights and booked me on a different flight for the same dates....no qualms, very easy.  That's the second refund I've had of them since Easter.
Anger is a gift.

Matt2112

Quote from: captainkurtz on July 14, 2020, 07:54:34 amJet2 giving me a full refund for flights to Alicante next month - they'd cancelled original flights and booked me on a different flight for the same dates....no qualms, very easy.  That's the second refund I've had of them since Easter.
I've noticed they've performed very favourably in recent polls regarding customers refunds.

I'm still tracking prices for Greece at the moment and it may soon be time to strike... ;)
The keys to happiness

zoony

2 today. Looking after Ezra, which is always a pleasure, and finally got the £75-60 paid back to my credit card for when Flybe went tits up.

Slim

Lies run sprints, but the truth runs marathons.

Reg

Bagging a bottle of Lime Crusha milkshake syrup in Asda today.
Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light<br />Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life<br />All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside<br />When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide

Richard_2112

Been getting back into music production recently to try get myself out of my musical rut. After a lot of research and tinkering around I've been able to cobble together a cover of Middletown Dreams which is starting to take shape very nicely. Will loose it upon the world at some point over the next couple of months
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind. Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines.

Matt2112

Quote from: Richard_2112 on July 19, 2020, 02:02:49 amBeen getting back into music production recently to try get myself out of my musical rut. After a lot of research and tinkering around I've been able to cobble together a cover of Middletown Dreams which is starting to take shape very nicely. Will loose it upon the world at some point over the next couple of months
Great to hear that Richard and look forward to this.
The keys to happiness