Simple Pleasure of the Day - 80

Started by Chris Quartly, November 19, 2015, 19:49:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bez

Quote from: zoony on April 06, 2020, 13:42:44 pmThings were greatly improved at work over the weekend as there were more provisions provided, and we had toilet and rest room cleaners in. I'd like to think that a the complaining I did last week contributed into shaming them into taking action.
Good stuu, Zooners....no excuse for disregarding the recommendations at work...
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

zoony

Quote from: Bez on April 06, 2020, 13:43:50 pmGood stuu, Zooners....no excuse for disregarding the recommendations at work...
Cheers mate. It's just trying to get something done about all the stupid bastards at work who are taking no notice of the social distancing rules. Selfish and ignorant are 2 words that come to mind. I emailed all the top brass at work yesterday asking them to start getting tougher about it. I don't care that they're all in loftier positions in the company than I am, because when it comes to coronavirus, we are all equal.

Bez

Spent the weekend re-configuring and recabling music in my study....I'm now 5.1 enabled (althought subwoofer is turned waaaay down - utlimately I'll only use it whent he house is empty).

I've re-deployed my old Denon AV 2803 amp and a Denon 1930 DVD player with CD duties from my trusty Arcam Alpha 7.
Speakers are a set of B&W 602s that have been in the study for a while with surrounds made up of some B&W M1s that used to beloing to my FiL.

Still some work to do around tidying the cables - they currently run in a series of screw-in eyes, so need tensioning and a few well placed cable ties.

Currently enjoying some old favourites through the "new" system. The Beatles - Revolver is currently playing. I've been asked twice to turn it down so far this morning 8)

Straight Shooter

Quote from: Bez on April 06, 2020, 13:52:57 pmSpent the weekend re-configuring and recabling music in my study....I'm now 5.1 enabled (althought subwoofer is turned waaaay down - utlimately I'll only use it whent he house is empty).

I've re-deployed my old Denon AV 2803 amp and a Denon 1930 DVD player with CD duties from my trusty Arcam Alpha 7.
Speakers are a set of B&W 602s that have been in the study for a while with surrounds made up of some B&W M1s that used to beloing to my FiL.

Still some work to do around tidying the cables - they currently run in a series of screw-in eyes, so need tensioning and a few well placed cable ties.

Currently enjoying some old favourites through the "new" system. The Beatles - Revolver is currently playing. I've been asked twice to turn it down so far this morning 8)
Let's go for thrice mate!
"I mean...unbelievable, you're a walking encyclopaedia!" : Rick Wakeman - Planet Rock's 'Tune-Adversity Challenge' 2007.

Bez

Slim

Lies run sprints, but the truth runs marathons.

Slim

Lies run sprints, but the truth runs marathons.

Nick

The call of a green woodpecker..sounds very exotic amongst the amazing bird song background.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

zoony

Ordered a pair of Karrimor lightweight walking boots in the early hours of Wednesday morning, and they arrived today. Got them from M and M direct, and they were £45 knocked down from £145. I was badly in need of a new pair with the amount of miles I walk these days.

pdw1

Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

zoony

My little girl, Alicia is 15 today. Obviously a shame that we can't take her out like we usually do, but she's very happy with the presents that she's had. I will make it up to her when things start to get back to normality.

Bez

Quote from: zoony on April 11, 2020, 11:49:49 amMy little girl, Alicia is 15 today. Obviously a shame that we can't take her out like we usually do, but she's very happy with the presents that she's had. I will make it up to her when things start to get back to normality.
Jeez, I remember her being born....HBD!

pdw1

Quote from: zoony on April 11, 2020, 11:49:49 amMy little girl, Alicia is 15 today. Obviously a shame that we can't take her out like we usually do, but she's very happy with the presents that she's had. I will make it up to her when things start to get back to normality.
Happy birthday to Alicia.
She will tell her grandchildren about this birthday.
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

zoony

Quote from: Bez on April 11, 2020, 12:31:35 pmJeez, I remember her being born....HBD!
Cheers mate, time certainly flies. Just wish grandchild number 2 would arrive soon. Due date is the 13th.

zoony

Quote from: pdw1 on April 11, 2020, 12:53:57 pmHappy birthday to Alicia.
She will tell her grandchildren about this birthday.
Cheers mate. Yes, let's hope that they don't have to live through it in their lifetime.