Simple Pleasure of the Day - 80

Started by Chris Quartly, November 19, 2015, 19:49:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidL

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on February 07, 2020, 10:23:06 amBurton?

Chav central. Populated by shellsuit wearing midgets, pavement cyclists, mormon missionaries and suffused with an all pervading yeasty smell.

Burton lost all reason to exist when Derbyshire CCC stopped using its Brewey grounds as out-grounds.

People in Derby go to Nottingham.
Piss? Bonfire? 😁

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: DavidL on February 07, 2020, 11:46:35 amPiss? Bonfire? 😁
Well, I suppose Burton's better than Swadlincote...

Praising with faint damnation :)
Legend in my own Mind

Bisto

My now previous car insurer; "quote me happy" took £970.81 from my bank account at midnight...after a bit of faffing about I cancelled the contract and they refunded the full amount. I then managed to find a fully comp quote with all the add ons from AXA for £306 less...chuffed with that.
No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

DavidL

Quote from: Bisto on February 07, 2020, 23:19:09 pmMy now previous car insurer; "quote me happy" took £970.81 from my bank account at midnight...after a bit of faffing about I cancelled the contract and they refunded the full amount. I then managed to find a fully comp quote with all the add ons from AXA for £306 less...chuffed with that.
Good work

pdw1

Bit late but Thursday night was at the theater in the west end to see Tom Stoppard's new play Leopoldstadt
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

DavidL

Irish election results. I wonder if Leo Varadkar is coming to terms with being a 'small' political figure?

zoony

Sainsburys bank sorting my dispute out regarding backdated Nectar points on my house insurance policy. They are worth £113-87 in monetary terms.

Richard_2112

Quote from: Bisto on February 07, 2020, 23:19:09 pmMy now previous car insurer; "quote me happy" took £970.81 from my bank account at midnight...after a bit of faffing about I cancelled the contract and they refunded the full amount. I then managed to find a fully comp quote with all the add ons from AXA for £306 less...chuffed with that.
It's thanks to the discussion in the Annoyance of the Day thread about car insurance I've just managed to get £150 off my car insurance renewal.
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind. Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines.

zoony

Maple has had her shampoo and trim at the dog groomers, and also had her anal glands emptied. Worth every penny of the £30 fee 🙂.

DavidL

Quote from: zoony on February 19, 2020, 14:54:40 pmMaple has had her shampoo and trim at the dog groomers, and also had her anal glands emptied. Worth every penny of the £30 fee 🙂.
Our springer used to nearly knock the vet over with her pungent anal gland when it was emptied!

zoony

Quote from: DavidL on February 19, 2020, 15:33:12 pmOur springer used to nearly knock the vet over with her pungent anal gland when it was emptied!
I know mate, it's bad! I find that putting a few bran flakes on her kibble helps to keep it a lot calmer though.

döm

Quote from: zoony on February 20, 2020, 16:33:19 pmI know mate, it's bad! I find that putting a few bran flakes on her kibble helps to keep it a lot calmer though.
You have a very good natured dog.  I'm not sure my cat would put up with anything being put on his kibble !
When the truth offends we lie and lie until we can longer remember it is even there. But it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is repaid

zoony

Quote from: döm on February 20, 2020, 16:52:13 pmYou have a very good natured dog.  I'm not sure my cat would put up with anything being put on his kibble !
Yes mate, she has got a beautiful temperament. I don't think she'd mind what I put on her food though, as Spaniels are very greedy and will eat anything!

zoony

Just got back from a 2 mile power walk with my 14 year old daughter, Alicia. Several times she asked me to slow down as she was struggling to keep up. Not bad as I'm 40 years her senior 🙂.

zoony

Looking forward to my eldest son and his fiancee, and of course my grandson coming up for lunch.