Simple Pleasure of the Day - 80

Started by Chris Quartly, November 19, 2015, 19:49:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nïckslïkk2112

Don't know why it's a simple pleasure, but the boy's over in Norway at the moment visiting Norwegian friends - third time this year and he has no source of income, can't even be county lining as he rarely leaves his bedroom - Anyhoo, he was driving his mate's car and he got pulled over by the Norwegian traffic cops. Hope he shat himself!

Bloody cops let him off >:(
Legend in my own Mind<br /><br />

Not enough war
Not enough famine
Not enough suffering
Not enough natural selection

zoony

Our company sealing a big 2 year order that they were waiting on.

BasspedalMan

Quote from: zoony on December 06, 2019, 16:21:52 pmSince I started eating healthier, and doing a lot of walking after my heart attack at the end of March, I lost 3 stone 2 pounds in 6 months. I was happy at the weight I'd reached, and didn't really plan on losing anymore. That was just over 2 months ago, and since then I've been eating a bit more, but only sticking to the healthy stuff apart from a weekly treat of a Chinese takeaway, and I've stuck rigidly to my walking. Couldn't believe it today when we had to take Alicia for her diabetes check up, and I took the opportunity to jump on the scales at the hospital. In the last 10 weeks I've lost another 18 pounds, meaning that in just over 8 months I've come down from 22 stone to 17 stone 8 pounds. Just goes to show what healthy eating, exercise and discipline can do 🙂.

Shit and I thought I was doing well..... Immense effort Rob. I am down Four and a quarter stone since last Christmas but I am mainlining Red Wine and I need to regularise and improve my exercise regime. Christmas is really going to help that!!!  I too have been buying smaller clothes and the Hospice Shop has done extremely well this past few months!
Ok, I'll join in...

1981 x 1
1983 x 4
1988 x 2
1992 x 2
1996 x 2
1997 x 5
2002 x 3
2004 x 7
2007 x 7
2011 x 3
2013 x 3

zoony

Thanks Jon. I've bought a pair of jeans the other week in a smaller size, but it's my RUSH t-shirts I need to sort out. I've got a few 2XL ones which ain't too bad, but all the 3XL ones swamp me now. I need to find out what the best size is for me, and buy a few, as it's all I wear.

Matt2112

An Australian Pinot Noir gifted by a work colleague for Chrimbo.

The label on the back states the wine is "one of life's simple pleasures". Fancy that. :)
The keys to happiness

Nïckslïkk2112

Not enough war
Not enough famine
Not enough suffering

zoony

For me, had a very nice Xmasday apart from a few bouts of toothache with the infection I've got. Took Ezra's presents down to him this morning, which was enough to make my day, then enjoyed a lovely dinner with Wendy, Alicia and Wendy's eldest brother, Kevin, before taking Maple for a nice walk along the river Severn.

Matt2112

January 01, 2020, 02:21:05 am #1432 Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 02:25:00 am by Matt2112
Following on from the news that pound-shop-U2 wannabes Coldplay aren't active in 2020, apparently the four-chord busking shopping precinct EuroMillions jackpot winner Ed Sheeran is taking a lengthy break as well.

Happy New Year! :D
The keys to happiness

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: Matt2112 on January 01, 2020, 02:21:05 amFollowing on from the news that pound-shop-U2 wannabes Coldplay aren't active in 2020, apparently the four-chord busking shopping precinct EuroMillions jackpot winner Ed Sheeran is taking a lengthy break as well.

Happy New Year! :D
Unfortunately they haven't promised to never return.

Life will continue to be miserable in the New Year. Life's a bitch and then you die folks - although saying that is my simple pleasure :)

Not enough war
Not enough famine
Not enough suffering

Matt2112

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on January 01, 2020, 02:27:43 amUnfortunately they haven't promised to never return.

Life will continue to be miserable in the New Year. Life's a bitch and then you die folks - although saying that is my simple pleasure :)
Indeed. Look at the stats, Mr Sims: in the balance of probabilities, there are a zillion zillion more ways of not ever being here in the first place.

And then if you are, what are the chances you have the facility to shitpost despondently on a smartphone while enjoying a Michelin-starred restaurant?

Odds that should give a resident TNMS curmudgeon pause, I would have thought. ;)

Cheer up, it's already happened. :)
The keys to happiness

zoony

Got Brad, Maisie and Ezra coming up for dinner, and when today is over, that's the end of silly season for another year 🙂

Nick

Visited Ham Wall RSPB site near Glastonbury to witness their famous starling murmarations, the site is on the Avalon marshes, full of Reed beds. Although I have seen the odd murmaration from a car window nothing prepared me for this. A few hundred visitors were advised that at 3.40 pm over 500,000 starlings would arrive. At 3.50pm as the sun was low in the sky 6 starlings appeared..then 5 mins later pockets of them appeared, with Glastonbury tor in the background...then suddenly almost like flying ant day or a plague of locusts the sky was full of them swirling in amazing patterns. Eventually after half an hour they settled in the reed beds to roost. It really was a David Attenborough scene and one of the most amazing things I have ever witnessed. Just cannot get over how many birds there were.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

zoony

Looking forward to our local quiz league resuming tonight after its Xmas break.

Bez

Quote from: Nick on January 04, 2020, 20:36:44 pmVisited Ham Wall RSPB site near Glastonbury to witness their famous starling murmarations, the site is on the Avalon marshes, full of Reed beds. Although I have seen the odd murmaration from a car window nothing prepared me for this. A few hundred visitors were advised that at 3.40 pm over 500,000 starlings would arrive. At 3.50pm as the sun was low in the sky 6 starlings appeared..then 5 mins later pockets of them appeared, with Glastonbury tor in the background...then suddenly almost like flying ant day or a plague of locusts the sky was full of them swirling in amazing patterns. Eventually after half an hour they settled in the reed beds to roost. It really was a David Attenborough scene and one of the most amazing things I have ever witnessed. Just cannot get over how many birds there were.
Nice. On my list of things to see....
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

zoony

Quote from: zoony on January 06, 2020, 13:06:13 pmLooking forward to our local quiz league resuming tonight after its Xmas break.
And we managed another win. That's 8 out of 9 so far this season, 7 on the trot. Still 11 rounds to go, but we're looking very strong this time around.