Simple Pleasure of the Day - 80

Started by Chris Quartly, November 19, 2015, 19:49:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt2112

Quote from: Bez on December 02, 2019, 11:07:07 amI'm with "McSimmerstheScrooge" on this one....

Mrs Bez started wrapping presents on Saturday evening, she kept getting in the way of the telly ::)

Bah humbug
Now that does seem a bit extreme, given it was still November. :)

But once "the calendar's just one page" (excerpt from the best Xmas song of all time there for you, pop pickers) it's open season as far as I'm concerned.

And no-one's going to ruin it; not even John Lewis with their abominable massacring of an all-time classic 80s AOR stadium power ballad.
The keys to happiness

Bez

Quote from: Matt2112 on December 02, 2019, 21:39:07 pmNow that does seem a bit extreme, given it was still November. :)

But once "the calendar's just one page" (excerpt from the best Xmas song of all time there for you, pop pickers) it's open season as far as I'm concerned.

And no-one's going to ruin it; not even John Lewis with their abominable massacring of an all-time classic 80s AOR stadium power ballad.
I did warn her that she will have sucked the fun out of Christmas before it arrives....

I always do my wrapping at the last possible moment.
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

zoony

Quote from: Matt2112 on December 02, 2019, 21:39:07 pmBut once "the calendar's just one page" (excerpt from the best Xmas song of all time there for you, pop pickers) 
The Waitresses - Christmas wrapping.

Never heard it mate!

zoony

Just ordered a pair of jeans with a 40 inch waist. My belt is struggling to keep my 42 inch ones up nowadays 🙂.

Matt2112

Quote from: zoony on December 03, 2019, 16:17:35 pmJust ordered a pair of jeans with a 40 inch waist. My belt is struggling to keep my 42 inch ones up nowadays 🙂.
Nice one Rob. :)

Collected some online Chrimbo shopping today.  Okay, most of it was stuff I bought for myself, but still...  ::) ;)
The keys to happiness

zoony

Quote from: Matt2112 on December 03, 2019, 23:53:09 pmNice one Rob. :)

Collected some online Chrimbo shopping today.  Okay, most of it was stuff I bought for myself, but still...  ::) ;)
Cheers mate. It's what to do about replacing all my 3xl RUSH shirts now that swamp me!

zoony

Since I started eating healthier, and doing a lot of walking after my heart attack at the end of March, I lost 3 stone 2 pounds in 6 months. I was happy at the weight I'd reached, and didn't really plan on losing anymore. That was just over 2 months ago, and since then I've been eating a bit more, but only sticking to the healthy stuff apart from a weekly treat of a Chinese takeaway, and I've stuck rigidly to my walking. Couldn't believe it today when we had to take Alicia for her diabetes check up, and I took the opportunity to jump on the scales at the hospital. In the last 10 weeks I've lost another 18 pounds, meaning that in just over 8 months I've come down from 22 stone to 17 stone 8 pounds. Just goes to show what healthy eating, exercise and discipline can do 🙂.

Matt2112

Quote from: zoony on December 06, 2019, 16:21:52 pmSince I started eating healthier, and doing a lot of walking after my heart attack at the end of March, I lost 3 stone 2 pounds in 6 months. I was happy at the weight I'd reached, and didn't really plan on losing anymore. That was just over 2 months ago, and since then I've been eating a bit more, but only sticking to the healthy stuff apart from a weekly treat of a Chinese takeaway, and I've stuck rigidly to my walking. Couldn't believe it today when we had to take Alicia for her diabetes check up, and I took the opportunity to jump on the scales at the hospital. In the last 10 weeks I've lost another 18 pounds, meaning that in just over 8 months I've come down from 22 stone to 17 stone 8 pounds. Just goes to show what healthy eating, exercise and discipline can do 🙂.
Magnificent effort, Rob. :)
The keys to happiness

zoony

pdw1

Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

Nïckslïkk2112

Dropping a turd that looked like Freddie Mercury's 'tache :)

Wouldn't flush, it was wedged at either side of the outflow to the U-bend. Mrs S is just sorting it...
Legend in my own Mind<br /><br />

Not enough war
Not enough famine
Not enough suffering
Not enough natural selection

zoony

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on December 08, 2019, 14:51:57 pmDropping a turd that looked like Freddie Mercury's 'tache :)

Wouldn't flush, it was wedged at either side of the outflow to the U-bend. Mrs S is just sorting it...
Nice one mate, you dirty bastard 😁.

zoony

zoony

Just cast my vote and I'm happy in the knowledge that if Corbyn's mob do get in, it was nothing to do with me.

zoony

Corbyn's mob getting a trouncing, and Swinson losing her seat.