Simple Pleasure of the Day - 80

Started by Chris Quartly, November 19, 2015, 19:49:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

zoony

Quote from: pdw1 on September 16, 2019, 18:59:36 pmA Zoony with a shot gun. Now there's a scary thought  :o
I was once known as Zoony the loony mate 🙄.

Matt2112

Douglas Murray has a new book out called The Madness Of Crowds, by all accounts a refreshing and astute antidote to the pervasive fashion for "woke" identity politics.

My simple pleasure today is this rather..."scathing" review on Unherd.com by Tatania McGrath, "Why I've reported Douglas Murray to the police", which encapsulates the book's themes brilliantly... ;)
The keys to happiness

DavidL

Uber  'woke' Canadian premier, Justin Trudeau, has been found to have once gained inspiration for a fancy-dress party From The Black & White Minstrel Show ;D

Matt2112

Quote from: DavidL on September 19, 2019, 08:15:42 amUber  'woke' Canadian premier, Justin Trudeau, has been found to have once gained inspiration for a fancy-dress party From The Black & White Minstrel Show ;D
And it will be the uber-woke set and their madly skewed, predictably disproportionate, overcompensating sense of social justice and virtue that will shout the loudest and pillory him about this non-issue from nearly two decades ago; no amount of solemn contrition will appease them.  ::)

It actually couldn't be better timed for Douglas Murray as he goes around promoting his new book.  Which - hey, just a minute - makes you wonder...  :o ;)
The keys to happiness

DavidL

Yes, "nothing to see here" springs to mind.
It does show that Justin and his good friend 'Prince of Woke' Harry, both go 'all out' when it comes to fancy dress  ;D

DavidL

Quote from: DavidL on September 19, 2019, 08:15:42 amUber  'woke' Canadian premier, Justin Trudeau, has been found to have once gained inspiration for a fancy-dress party From The Black & White Minstrel Show ;D
More evidence emerging that Trudeau is a reformed racist. 

The Donald must be loving this:

"Dressing up as coloured folk is not a good thing...very bad.
I've not done that....never did...couldn't do it...not good"   ;D

The Letter R

The slightly amusing thing is, now he is saying he can't remember how many times he "Blacked Faced"   ::) ;D ;D

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-49763805

Matt2112

September 20, 2019, 15:22:00 pm #1282 Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 15:24:19 pm by Matt2112
I'm trying to figure how and why a white racist would go through all that effort to make themselves look brown/black.  :-\
The keys to happiness

Matt2112

What a cracking Saturday: glorious, warm, sunny weather; a couple of pre-match brews with a certain fellow-TNMSer (looking in fine fettle, sir!); followed by an entertaining 4-2 victory for us at The Shay; and the icing on the cake is that there's an 80s night tonight at the social club 50 yards from my door. 

If Carlsberg did Saturdays! 😬⚽️🍻
The keys to happiness

DavidL

Great day on a pub crawl around Abingdon. Not too pissed and just about to tuck into a pizza.

pdw1

Great gig tonight and bumped into Alex late of this parish.
Said he had a look in here recently for the first time in ages and it now looks like a meeting of the ku klux Klan  :o
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: pdw1 on September 22, 2019, 02:56:05 amSaid he had a look in here recently for the first time in ages and it now looks like a meeting of the ku klux Klan  :o
??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Methinks somebody doesn't know the KKK very well.
Legend in my own Mind

döm

Funnh the things you learn when you start going down internet wormholes.

Yesterday I found out that Randy Rhodes started off in Quiet Riot of "Bang Your Head" and a bunch of Slade covers fame.

He left to join Ozzy before they produced anything but he came up with the name from listening to an interview with Rick Parfitt. He kept saying "Quite right" during the interview. With Parfitt's accent he thought it sounded like Quiet Riot!

On a more cultural note went to the newly opened Museum of Literature in Ireland today. Fabulous place!
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

zoony

Quote from: pdw1 on September 22, 2019, 02:56:05 amGreat gig tonight and bumped into Alex late of this parish.
Said he had a look in here recently for the first time in ages and it now looks like a meeting of the ku klux Klan  :o
Who was Alex then?

Bez

Quote from: zoony on September 22, 2019, 21:29:43 pmWho was Alex then?
"AlexJ" Alex Jeffrey(s)

he was from Portsmouth if I remember correctly...
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%