Simple Pleasure of the Day - 80

Started by Chris Quartly, November 19, 2015, 18:49:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Quartly

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on July 16, 2019, 19:25:18 pmBeing an Englishman is so good, everybody wants to be one!
Bloody foreigners, coming over here, making us cricket world champions...
Last.fm playlist of previous 7 days:<br /><br /><br />Q's Comps<br /><br />Some Other Suckers Parade

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: Chris Quartly on July 17, 2019, 17:05:17 pmBloody foreigners, coming over here, making us cricket world champions...
Apart from the Bogtrotter, they're all British. And even he has a Welsh sounding name.
The English, a paragon of tolerance.
Legend in my own Mind

döm

Le Tour. Alaphillipe and Pinot  Magnifique!
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: döm on July 20, 2019, 16:15:47 pmLe Tour. Alaphillipe and Pinot  Magnifique!
Dopeurs. >:(

Certainly Alaphillipe, Quickstep are the biggest dopers in World Cycling - after INEOS.
Legend in my own Mind

zoony

Nice walk along the banks of the river Severn with my dog.

Slim

The Right Honourable Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson MP is Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.

zoony

Finish work at 6pm tonight, and that's it til the 16th of August 🙂.

rufus the dawg

On wednesday...

Walked up Locknagar via the Stuic buttress. Then a pint of Deuchars and a double dram of Royal Locknagar after in Ballater.

zoony

We've got Ezra for the day 🙂.

Slim

Matt2112

The keys to happiness

zoony

Had a cracking day out with a group of lads from work yesterday. We all met up down by the river Severn at Bridgnorth with a guy who hires out canoes to go down the river to Bewdley, then you get a ticket to get back to Bridgnorth on the Severn valley railway. We stopped around lunchtime and went to a pub for a drink and a sandwich before carrying on down to Bewdley. The scenery is stunning, and we saw a couple of herons, some buzzards, swans, ducks and even an avocet. Conditions were perfect, dry and cloudy with no sun beating down on you. We had a beer on the train back, and another few in town before going for a chinese meal. Very enjoyable 🙂.

BasspedalMan

How are you doing now Zooners? Sounds like a lovely day out. Must get up to that part of the world before too long. :)
Ok, I'll join in...

1981 x 1
1983 x 4
1988 x 2
1992 x 2
1996 x 2
1997 x 5
2002 x 3
2004 x 7
2007 x 7
2011 x 3
2013 x 3

zoony

Quote from: BasspedalMan on August 01, 2019, 16:02:31 pmHow are you doing now Zooners? Sounds like a lovely day out. Must get up to that part of the world before too long. :)
Not too bad mate, thanks. Last time I weighed myself was about 5 weeks ago now, and I'd gone from 22 to 19 and a half stone in 3 months. I don't think I'm losing weight so quick now though, and I will admit that my main meal portions have got bigger. I'm not going to beat myself up about this though, as importantly I'm still eating healthily, and sticking to my walking. I find that if I don't eat enough, I tend to feel a bit weak at times, and I don't want that. I know for sure though that I'm in a lot better place than I was earlier in the year, and feel a lot better for it. How are you doing Jon?

pdw1

Quote from: zoony on August 01, 2019, 20:45:09 pmNot too bad mate, thanks. Last time I weighed myself was about 5 weeks ago now, and I'd gone from 22 to 19 and a half stone in 3 months. I don't think I'm losing weight so quick now though, and I will admit that my main meal portions have got bigger. I'm not going to beat myself up about this though, as importantly I'm still eating healthily, and sticking to my walking. I find that if I don't eat enough, I tend to feel a bit weak at times, and I don't want that. I know for sure though that I'm in a lot better place than I was earlier in the year, and feel a lot better for it. How are you doing Jon?
That's good to hear. Keep up the good work!
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown